Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most annoying ads of all time

• 01-12-1999 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

you've all heard em on the radio:

4. lads in the bar and serious john (smithicks yolk) - volume goes down

3. telly bingo - radio turned off

2. ronan collins santa bear thing - plug ripped out of wall.

1. mobile phone ad with those two twats wasting time - boot goes through the radio

add your own, its not hard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

all of thee above
    and more

that one on the telly....with the "wish u'd sent a text msg" one......u're man in the bar ringing ure wan and he's got that awful accent!

pffffffffffff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I like that one cos it makes culchies out to be the ignorant twats that we know they are smile.gif

Cinema ads upset me I must say. e.g. all recent Guiness ads such as the two twats riding their horses off a cliff, tho i did like the couple on the beach one - does ANYONE know who did the music for that ad?

Eircom cinema ads are the fu<kin lamest, also Ritz and those friggin Malteser ads!!! like that one where they're watching the Godfather and yer wan puts on the Marlon Brando voice, I honestly thought they were taking the pi$$ out of people with speech impediments first time I saw that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

The bounty kitchen paper ad.OMG the theme tune just makes me dizzy!!!!!!!!!

->20-40<-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The Intel ads on the radio with Jeremy the bloody Gerbil in them!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Whos taking the horse to France ad for butter. AAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

The worst ads are all those ****ing MENTOS ones!

MENTOS THE FREASH MACKER.

TOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd have to agree with the SantaBear add, it sucks so much @55...
    I also hate any adds about Tampons, Nappies, or starving 3rd world children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Or all three at once. Now that would be annoying, once you'd got past the goggle-eyed "what the fuk!" stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I agree with Space Cowboy, the mentos one.

Must kill Linchon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Candyass

I can't believe nobody mentioned those awful Bulmer's Cider ads. That fruity, oleaginous voice... those appallingly pretentious scripts... the overblown music... Christ, and this is to promote the rotgut that knackers drink in derelict houses!
    Of course, anybody who ever took a marketing course knows what they're up to - but they can **** off and "reposition the product" up their arses. It won't work!
    Never mind pulling the plug - if I have to listen to that crap again I'll drive to Donnybrook and blow up the transmitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ya know those Pringles ads where they make $hite music with their crappy used Pringle$ cans.... AAARGH! *plink*plonk*clunk*MUNCH*plink*MUNCH*tap*plonk*CRUNCH*clunk*bong*

- [IAR]Munch
    - iarclan.cjb.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

dubbed KINDER ads
    only slightly worse than those bilisto ads
    really puts the ad in bad (sorry, had to say that)
    harVey

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Naw - it has to be any of those really old Radion Ads (the home movie jobs) when it was first unleashed on the market.

My gawd they sucked ass!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

danny baker where are you now? smile.gif

(hopefully locked up in an isolation tent)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Any Harp or Smithwicks ads. "ah sure we've ages yet"

Mitchelstown one with the scruffy thug on the cliff which depicts Irish people as a race of rugged simple cheese eating folk.

Julian Clary selling Daz? Oh dear oh dear.

[This message has been edited by Von (edited 20-12-1999).]

That Alpha Diamond ad for razors. 'She wont fu<k me unless I use an Alpha Diamond!!!' ok they didnt actually say that, but thats the implication smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Mr. Socko

The are several candidates for this title, kinder, radion, fairy liquid, aid appeal, tampons etc...
    But the winner has to be nappy ads where a baby's **** is felt to see how fu<kin dry it is!!!!!
    A close runner up was the kerrygold "who is going to take the bloody horse" ad
    I will think of more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Mr. Socko

Those fu<king stupid Power City "sale must end soon" ad's are also high up on my list of sh!t ads

That ad for the mobile phones... "Fones Direct", or something similar ... some gobsh!te who likes to star in his own ads pleading with us to "Call now!" and preaching about all the fúcking extras you get with one of his phones... and the fact that they deliver...

He annoys the $hit out of me, makes me want to shove his phones down his throat...

- [IAR]Munch
    - iarclan.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited 26-12-1999).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

so, in most cases, if its a beer or mobile phone ad, its cack.

Christ even some of the detergent ones are better nowadays :/

• Advertisement

Ah, well that's debatable smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

ahh the sex and gay line channel 4 ones get to me with these queer jocks frolicking + laughingly going
    'try it now!' 'its fun!' 'half the price of a regular 1550 number'

remember the party line thing :
    OHH,EIGHT,NINE,ONE...bla de bla de bla de bla de bla blaaa (forget the number)

ahhhhhhh, mind u those high quality make up laden old 'blonde' sluts really get me going wink.gif

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Surf ads with that stupid lesbo - hate them

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Who is this Stephen guy?? IMPOSTER!!!! sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

those ****ty mtv ads advertising ****e cd's with about 60 crap 80's songs

No, YOU'RE the IMPOSTER! tongue.gif

- [IAR]Munch
    - iarclan.cjb.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

HAHAHA No Blow Job Unless I Get a Diamond... HAHAHA ...

And I just remembered the best worst one I've ever seen... its really rare but one of you must have seen it. Its always on really late on Channel Four I think, For ' Red Devil ' beer. HAHAHA ... Has this really fat bird and some reject in a car in what appears to be a field... and she says something like ' I Don't Know, Does it Have any Side Effects? ' HAHHA... Close up of the guy holding Can... ' I don't think so. ' HAHAHHA... Shot of Can in front of flames, ' Red Devil... Just For the Hell of It '

AHAHAHAHAHAHA SOMEONE TELL ME THEY'VE SEEN IT FFS !

The current PC World one is woeful, all those gits stamping their feet on the floor.

Also those Spirito de Punto ones are $hite. Bring back the Boddington's ads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

but Von, i would have thought you WERE a simple cheese eater ?:/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

in fairness steves, that's what you get for using your real names biggrin.gif
    harVee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm... Worther's originals ads, with the little prat that goes 'ooohhh' as he sits on the child molesting old man's knee...

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Those stupid dubbed over kinder ads.
    That new McDonalds ad with the line "You don't have to pay for an entire minute!"
    The C25 phone ads with the prat DJ's
    Any ad voiced over by one of the continuity presenters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Those kinder adds drive me round the twist....

More to follow once I remember some...
    Ahh I know, the domino sponsership add at the break in the simpsons...

I know there's more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Supervalu insurance radio ad with the buffoon
    "Another reason to love you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Any ad with BARRY SCOTT. BANG AND THE DIRT IS GONE.

Bothar and their goat. Every. Fcuking. Christmas.

Most insurance ads, the cloying ones and ones that try to be funny and fail miserably.

The Appliances Delivered radio ad, makes my ears bleed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 murraymar

The AIB one where your man surprises his wife with a new car bought by a loan. If my husband went off and bought a new car without discussing it with me first i would kill him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I like that one cos it makes culchies out to be the ignorant twats that we know they are smile.gif

Cinema ads upset me I must say. e.g. all recent Guiness ads such as the two twats riding their horses off a cliff, tho i did like the couple on the beach one - does ANYONE know who did the music for that ad?

Eircom cinema ads are the fu<kin lamest, also Ritz and those friggin Malteser ads!!! like that one where they're watching the Godfather and yer wan puts on the Marlon Brando voice, I honestly thought they were taking the pi$$ out of people with speech impediments first time I saw that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Wow - this thread is older than 2 of my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ribena Zoobidoo ad.
    Hyundai Maroon 5.
    Any fanny pad ad.
    Lotto ads, especially the island ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

When this thread was created I would have been browsing in the megabyte café in Navan, on Win 98SE, with the fairly rapid dial up at the time at £1 for 2 hours browsing... Also was far younger :o

Keeping in theme with this thread, Llyods have fairly whiny miserable ads for whiny miserable people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The one with the couple sitting on their couch and then they're in a rally car:

I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I LOST THREE WHEELS
    KEEP TOOIDDY NOOOWW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I hadn't even sat my leaving cert when this thread was started...

Hyundai Maroon 5 ad surely wins it now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I was in primary school....not even halfway through it. Now I run the place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

BANG AND THE DIRT IS GONE!!!!

Most annoying for me is watching a movie at night and the volume increases for the ads, ffs

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The NatWest poetry ads. Infuriatingly smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

"Bar stools, office chairs, shelving, white boards.........." I will never buy anything from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

There was an ad here on boards for SSE Electricity in the last 12months. Featured an orang utan. Used to cause desperate problems if on phone. Problems loading new pages, scrolling down, crashing etc. Any time I saw that b@$+@&amp;D appearing the red mist would descend. Wonder what happened to the poor phucker. Back to the zoo I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Pretty sure its
    I LOST THREE WEIGHTS

Sounds like voiced over as well.

Eir have a great talent for making incredibly annoying ads

The one with the couple sitting on their couch and then they're in a rally car:

I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I LOST THREE WHEELS
    KEEP TOOIDDY NOOOWW

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

The Radion ad from the late 80s. Irish version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One that comes to mind:

Time to YOKO, fecking yogurt ad :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
Advertisement