Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some suggestions would be welcome :)

Options
  • 28-12-2001 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Recently I've been involved in starting up a small project over on sourceforge called GSP WebAdmin, which we hope will become a tool for use by admins everywhere, however we need suggestions as to what it should include to help shape our plans.

Project Info: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gspwebadmin/
    Project Webby: http://gspwebadmin.sourceforge.net/

Any suggestions you guys could give us would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

This isn't really a good place to ask - the vast majority of these folk don't know anything about GSP or server admin. Your best bet is to collate a list of the actual people running servers and mail them directly, I'd imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

the idea is good ... but I think the whole project just sounds too vague. You are trying to start off too large.

focus on a single game not a few. get it working before expanding.

mIRC bot?!?!?! ... serious it would be smarter to just port an eggdrop or even just make an addon for it.

just hope you focus a WHOLE lot on security ... php web interface for server admin control ... yeah could spell at lot of trouble :).

Nice Idea, you just might want to clean it up a little, get a proper work map laid out. Since you are in the planning stages I assume you are doing that anyway.

really isn't a whole lot of info on the site to actually make an opinion on it to be honest.

Shinji has a fair point, but most people like that would look through here pretty often anyway just to see if there is anything interesting here ;).

Advertisement