Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is CTYI?

Options
  • 28-12-2001 4:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

What the EFF is CTYI anyway? Are you all poindexters or something? If so, talk crazy-talk.

Ah no seriously, what's it stand for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Em, Centre for Talented Youth in Ireland, I believe.

You take some test, and based on that you can go to some thing in DCU in the summer, they have some sort of classes on various subjects, and with the meeting people and such and things and it's fun. Apparently. Couple of people I know did it, I think.

The almighty Google has enlightened me with the following:
    http://www.dcu.ie/ctyi/
    Purpose of CTYI

The Irish Centre for Talented Youth (CTYI) works with young people of exceptional academic ability. Such students have been acknowledged by the Irish Department of Education as having “special educational needs”. The Centre aims to address these needs by:

Identifying high ability students throughout Ireland though annual Talent Searches

Providing services for these students, including Saturday classes, residential summer programmes, correspondence courses and Discovery Days

Giving support to parents and teachers

Carrying out research in this area

Well there you are then. That's what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

a board for 'special' people?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My mommy says i'm special, does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

CTYI is a state of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Yeah, thats what CTYI is defined as... but it tends to be a place where you meet people and make damn amazing friendships :) (and hug people... :P )

Well it is for me anyway. [[ arg! I have to change that to a "it was for me"]] damn oldness.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Cheek of that guy calling us poindexters!
    CTYI is.............very hard to describe. I had the best 2 summers of my life there, and im soooooo p!ssed off I cant go back!
    Well, like Fio said, the hugging's important, so everyone who reads my post, consider yourself hugged! Mwah! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

we are so smart.we are so smart.S-M-R-T.i mean,S-M-A-R-T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Me? Smart? Never!
    Me and ctyi must have been some clerical error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

we can be described as....well we are pretty much indescribable. but maybe....... quirky, original, unique..... more commonly described as "DIFFERENT. " CTYI RULES!!!!!!!!

Advertisement