Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywere to skate ?

Options
  • 28-12-2001 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

HELLO

THIS CHRISTMAS I GOT A NEW SKATE BOARD AND AM GOING TO GALLWAY IN TWO DAYS AND WOULD LIKE TO NO IF THERE R ANY GOOG PLACES TO SKATE........I AM STAYING IN SALT HILL
    PLEASE WB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Man, i have the same problem. Things just haven't been the same since skateboards went out of fashion in the mid 80's. Back in the day when Brad Eisinger was keeping it real, things couldnt have been much better. Nowadays, things are just sick. Kids are picking up boards for all the wrong reasons. They think its cool to be seen on a bard, why it was just the other day when I saw a kid of no more than 8 years of age. trying a flip on a non-tarmacadammed surface. Skateboarding is no longer an anti-government statement, but is simply a motive for kids to give in to corporate greed and globalisation. Damn man, that is so true. Why it was just the other day when I was thinking exactly the same thing. I said to myself, damn, debates these days... I said "Damn son", you gotta get yourself off your ass and earn yourself a decent wage, get a wife and settle down with a couple of kids. But no, 'Nam took it all away from me. I saw my best friends face turn to goo before my very eyes. Man !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I said "Damn son", you gotta get yourself off your ass and earn yourself a decent wage, get a wife and settle down with a couple of kids. But no, 'Nam took it all away from me. I saw my best friends face turn to goo before my very eyes. Man !

you seem to say that alot dont ya, funny and all as it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

In Galway? Spanish arch is the only place I see the skaters, or Eyre Square.

Those two places really.

You know, personaly, I much rather see kids around Galway Skating, as the only other thing for them to do is under-age drinking, and hanging around parks learning to be a well adjusted scummer.

Better to skate than to scum around, and be a knacker.
    Silly nu-metal trend it may be, but it's better than drunken, shaven headed 14 year old gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

yeah, skate to your little heart's content, i just wish those kids would keep the fuck away from UCD.....the number of times ive nearly been knocked down and sent flying on my ass is insane...it's getting pretty painful at this stage!!!

Advertisement