Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer

• 14-08-2000 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

My brother recently put a new black ink cartridge into our printer. The printer is Epsilon 500 Stylus Inkjet I think. But the printer doesn't seem to recognise the new cartridge. It says that it is out of black ink. It says on the inside of the printer that if a cartridge is taken out of the printer that it becomes useless even if it is full. I think my brother could have taken out the cartridge after putting it in. The printer won't print at all now even though there is a color cartridge in it. As far as I know the printer will still print black by adding the colors together. Is the message on the printer entirely correct and if so is there any workaround for it. As you know ink isn't cheap so it would be cvnt to have to throw away a full cartridge.

Any help apprec.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

another stupiud printer we deal with in work.
    if it still wont work right even after you have cycled he printer toner cleaner thingy (press down the cartridge button for three seconds) then just remove the printer and reinstall the printer. download the drivers and reinstall. will work no problems then
    if not, remove printer from building forcefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

I tried the cleaning button before but to no avail. I will download the drivers and try it at the weekend.

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Also have you considered buying cartridge refills (black ink in bottles with a syringe) I know for a fact that it will save you a bomb cos I haven't had to buy more ink in years

Advertisement