Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fiona apple and other rants

Options
  • 28-12-2001 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

i went to bed on on st. stephen's night vowing to go into town and risk buying albums which i hoped were really good but might actyually be crap, and i wanted to buy tidal by fiona apple and when i went into virgin...it was only 5 pounds! yay! and it's really good

and somebody showed me how to use audiogalaxy, which is so cool also, and ive downloaded some sebastian tellier songs, which are great...only problem is, im havign a really hard time tracking down any of his work...anyone know where to get it?

my rants are that i've just come off antiobiotics for a throat infection (which worked!) and noiw ive got a stupid cold a week later. and also, i saw jay and silent bob and liked it, so tried seeing all the kevin smith movies, which apart from dogma, are quite hard to track down. then my friend came home from enland, and said she had both mall rats and chasing amy but had left chasing amy behind. and today i finally managed to get the video off her, and was getting quite into the film, and it had been on for about an hour and 20 minutes (which means it must have been near the end) and suddenly, a life le4ss ordinary came on, the stupid bitch had taped over the end of mall rats!

so i rang all d local video stores, and only 1 of them had it and i went all the way to get it, and when i got there the guy couldnt find the stupid thing....it had been misplaced. BAH!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

Don't know where to get that guys stuff, but my sympathy about the Throt infection. I've been laid out all Christmas with a very nasty Flu.
    Cya round babe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Fiona Apple
    THIS WORLD IS BULL****!

You'd have to be a Dennis Leary fan for that to be funny tho... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

HOW COULD SHE TAPE OVER MALLRATS?!

That film's a classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

5 squids for one of the best albums you may ever own.... that aint too shabby... Mallrats is now available on dvd...yay!

Seán.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

fiona apple....for a fiver.......just fantastic! i gotta get my ass down to virgin then!!!

so should you, by the way, go back to virgin, or hmv, or tower or wherever,i've seen all the kevin smth vids there!! go....flee!......buy movies!!! if you're looking for clerks, mallrats, chasing amy etc, just buy it!! it's so worth it!!

on the other hand, for really good movies, cut out the crap middle of the road blockbuster video shops like xtravision and just go to laser...it's like a paradise!!!

and just as an aside, the bloke in the video shop was more than likely lying to you or too stoned to find the damn thing. it's highly unlikely that they didn't have it, they just didn't want to give it to you. i used to work in a video shop, and we never gave out movies we actually liked to customers, cos it meant we couldn't take them home ourselves, or watch them in the shop!! just so you know!!! buy them instead!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i believe im coming down with a bloody chest infection that is NOT fair
    i have a friend who works in a video shop who has no interest in movies like tht so she wouldnt lie to me
    and also, i work right besuide the xtra vision in rathmines nd we're always giving them coffee, and know most of the staff there, so i doubt they'd lie...unless theyre pissed about us charging for the coffee... :)
    the fiona apple album is MAGIC. the magnolia sountracks is okish..aimee mann ws bit of a let down. thetriiger happy 3 one is great, ummm....got thekinks singles collection for 5 as well, coz im SICK of listening to kylie in work, and hoped the poeple i worked with would settle for some kinks...but no. also got a billy connoly songs cd for 4 =, whichi have yet to listen to.

and do you know what else is crap?the buttons on my keybord aren't working as well...particularly the a and x and spce bar button which i have to piound on to get to work

kev, you'll probably see me some sturday night in fibbers if carol drags me there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

that record shop in temple bar, think its comet records(?), has the sebastian tellier album(or did last week). ya know the one thats right in front of you when you walk through from the central bank? that one. it's not fantastic.

as for kevin smith flicks.. get clerks, like NOW. genius.

i'm not even supposed to be here today.

hey tibor...what was bad about the album. is it like air only weirder? i downloaded le femme dargent (or somehting to that effect) from audioglay and quite liked it.
    i've seen clerks. it was okay, funny, but i preffered dogma and whati saw of mallrats. the soundtrck is relly good.

le femme dargent indeed...its actually trilogy femme but what i actually said soundsmildly familiar..dunno why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

kevin smith lives here
    click me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

umm, it's not really too like air. it's not really like anything really. and yes it is weird but that's not why i didn't like it. some of the tracks are kinda cool, others are just a bit crap. *shrug* i only gave it like 3 listens, it didn't really grab me though. might give it another chance at some stage.

got the album today
    got a lot of albums today actually...yay
    they couldnt find the cover when i went into the shop....they soent ages looking for it *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

Did cya at Fibbers.
    Did you have much fun?
    I was on a roll that night, everything was great with the world.
    anywho. cya later babe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err dont buy any kevin smith dvds in ireland. they suck.
    region 2 have just the film and the trailer.. region 1 come with loads of deleted scenes and alternate endings (in the case of clerks and mallrats)... www.play.com .. now :)

tibor, i LOVED the sebastian tellier album! its brilliant, it kind of reminded me of the virgin suicide album by air
    but when you listen to it whilst going to sleep, i keep getting woken up by the screaming woman at the end opf trilogy femme :)

Originally posted by KevDaEdbanger
    Did cya at Fibbers.
    Did you have much fun?
    I was on a roll that night, everything was great with the world.
    anywho. cya later babe.

i'm never much pushed to go there, but i always end up going (by carol) and getting drunk and havin a laugh. yeah, saturday was alright, a lot of funny things happened. do you know andy? his beard is getting HUUUUUUUge.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by Kali
    err dont buy any kevin smith dvds in ireland. they suck.
    region 2 have just the film and the trailer.. region 1 come with loads of deleted scenes and alternate endings (in the case of clerks and mallrats)... www.play.com .. now :)

the only problem being, most dvd players in ireland can only play region 2, which kinda sucks ass, but how and ever!!

amazon's pretty good 4 that kinda thang, though

I SAW THE END OF MALLRATS!!!!!!
    yay!
    somebody from college gave me the tape yesterday!
    AND boys dont cry was on last night, :)(although that smiley face doesnt really fit in with that film)

Advertisement