Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Deal on CDR's

• 28-12-2001 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

As per topic...

In Tower Records, 2nd Floor Easons on O'Connell St. (Dublin)

SONY- 650mb
    1-16x speed
    Multi-Coloured w/ Jewel Cases

10pack....£6.99 (€8.88)

I thought it was fairly competitive, given the specs:)

[Bought 3 packs BTW;)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cheers for the info 80p, I'll be making a purchase post-haste. Have they burned well for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Seamus,

Just burned a Seinfeld VCD....

Plays like a dream !

Very Impressed- Nice for colour coding as well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Pirates' Ahoy!"

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

im more of a £25 for 50 on a spindle in argos man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'm inept. I need RE-Writable CD's! Couldn't find any in town today. But I think they have the same deal in Tower Records too, 80p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

PC-World have 80 min, multi-coloured CD-Rs in those slim Jewel cases in a pack of 50 for £30, that's 60p each. Brandname is 'PC-Line', but they've not given me any probs so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Bought myself a 100 CD spindle of those PC-Line cd's for £38 in Dixons, Jervis St. the other day.

CD's are 700mb/80mins and write up to x24, which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Or ya can goto ALDI! i bought 30 cd's for 6 quid per box earlier in the month, they are tevion and can write to 24* very nice cds at uber low prices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I don't think ill be rushing out and buying those. i'm quite happy to stick with my 100 for £35 spindles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

cheers for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hmmm those Aldi ones sound decent for those of us who don't want to buy 100 at a time... methinks there's one opening in carlow shortly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

In Poundstrechers in England, there is 25 bush Cd's with jewel cases for £9.99 even

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thats IR£12.59 plus shipping Lump. Not that much of a saving!

BTW they are full size jewel cases -not slimline and as my uncle just asked me where are they in the store.....

They are on a display stand right opposite the Cash Register
    (because they do have a few other brands over by the posters but they are like £2 each !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

What I want to get is a big spindle of cheap CDR's for storing DivXes and the likes.

Also does anyone know where I could get my hands on some 10x rewritables.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hmm I dunno guys I still think you can't beat peats for 80 min/700 meg 1x - 16x multispeed CD-R's in Jewel Cases (large) even comes with inside slip for writing on, for 55p each and they'll sell them individually if you want. Though then again I'd pay more if they came in them slim cases yous are on about.

Advertisement