Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vancouver

• 29-12-2001 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I got a visa for canada, planning on heading to vancouver when i finish up college this year. Any of ye worked/working there? got anything to say about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Yup
    first i have to say you lucky lucky sod, i worked out there a couple of years ago but i was based in Victoria on Vancover Island during the summer, i had a blast of a time and i guarantee you will love it.
    Email me if you want any details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Nice choice of location, I spent a month over there with my bro (he lives there), very nice city, one minute you'd be in the middle of the city, the next - you're in the fresh green wilderness... it's that kinda place.

Loads of nice places to visit... whistler, national parks, great shopping, but get yourself a car if you can.
    Oh and in July/August they host a massive international fireworks contest Symphony of Fire I think it's called.
    And they have Dennys! oh my god!

The summers over there are really hot, (the mid-day sun is apparently dangerous for you) make sure your house/apartment has decent air conditioning, or buy yourself a few fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

How can one get a working visa for Canada?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

In got my visa through USIT as im a student, not sure how you go about getting them if your not a student maybe USIT also.
    cheers for the replies lads, what sort of work did you do over there, whats accomodiation like? Any where u recommend or suggest staying away from? Have ye any contacts for Jobs!

Originally posted by Cork
    How can one get a working visa for Canada?
    I think you can contact the Canadian embassy in Dublin (not sure of the street), they should be able to sort you out... you might need to secure a job first though, I've really no idea, but it's a good place to start methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

u smell spammy santa

Originally posted by astrofool
    u smell spammy santa
    You're going the right way for a 12-clicking bud, keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

stick to the topic lads.

I believe that was my point podg :P

Advertisement