Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quite remarkable really

Options
  • 29-12-2001 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I've just been contemplating the status of the Irish telecommunications situation at present and it's amazing how things have developed over the past year or so.

I remember talking to friends in school last year about the eventual arrival of dsl and how we'd be finally catching up with the rest of the world.

When Eircon announced dsl a few months ago, everything seemed rosey, but we're still in the dark and even if it does come out in the next few months, it'll cost an arm and a leg. How are they getting away with it? A more alarming result of the delay of dsl has been the remarkable rise in people buying isdn. Isn't that just like playing into their hands? Personally, I can't understand it. How are things getting so far behind schedule ? It's quite remarkable really...

[end rant]

Advertisement