Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Internet needs upgrading

Options
  • 30-12-2001 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am moving from the North to the South and I really wanna knw what everyone else says about Eircom's etc... Services. Are they really as bad as people are saying, if so I say we send a petition to Bt or NTL asking them to extend their Services!

<center><h2>SeAn2001Hp</center></h2>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

tip :

all rants re: net in ireland over to IOFFL forum, become part of the team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jeweller

Ntl have a connection in ireland

they came near my house and installed all the cables but they arent accepting any new subscriptions at the mo cos of them going to court

the irish internet is terrible
    england have bt freeserve etc.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Originally posted by Seany2001HP
    Are they really as bad as people are saying, if so I say we send a petition to Bt or NTL asking them to extend their Services!

BT bought Esat sometime around January 2000
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_598000/598404.stm

Also in January 2000, BT bought the other half of Ocean from ESB and AIG, giving them 100% ownership of Ocean
    http://www.idg.net/idgns/2000/01/19/BTToTakeControlOfIrish.shtml

NTL bought Cablelink in May 1999, and promised us all sorts of exciting new services, but only introduced the full two way service in Tallaght. Elsewhere they have done the bare minimum to retain their licence by just about meeting their obligation to introduce digital TV to 100,000 Irish homes (using a substandard one way system probably developed soley for the purpose)
    http://www.iol.ie/~kooltek/ntlcablelink.html
    http://www.ireland.com/special/supplements/ebusiness/story13.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

If I was living in the north and I was told I have to move to the south,I'd get sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭RiCo

We Have the Technology but Eircom aint going to give it to anyone unless the pay big bucks.... Now that Strategy

Because they hold all the cards they can delay and delay as long as they like, after all what can we do?

Next election give your vote to any one who will guarantee broadband NOW.
    Every Body Email Berty and ask what the hell is going on... Then email your local TD.... If that dosent work and why should it? Go to irelandoffline and support the cause.

:)

• Advertisement

just change email to

email + post letter

[that way they cant deny receipt, or at least they will have less excuses to deny receipt]

who will fight our cause in next election ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Gone Shootin

who will fight our cause in next election ?

Uhhh...

IrelandOFFLine of course!!!!!

i was reffering to an actual politican that is concerned with OUR matters and will do something to try and get the internet up to date with the rest of the world

but then again, im a dreamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

People may say you're a dreamer, but your not the only one.

(Wonder how many people will get that line ? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    People may say you're a dreamer, but your not the only one.

(Wonder how many people will get that line ? )
    Imagine there's no Eircom and no Valentia too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

*Plays piano a la John Lennon*

Advertisement