Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager

Options
  • 30-12-2001 6:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

anyone else a fan?

ive played in since the dawn of the amiga:D

Cm4 is to be released sometime next year...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Didn't really get into it fully (i.e kept getting the sack). In fact you can have my copy of CM 01/02 if I ever find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

being playin it since cm2,cm2 was cool because u didnt need to cd to play it,dunno why its so addictive but if i do load it up an hour goes by np

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by Jeweller
    anyone else a fan?

Guilty

Being playing it for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/me puts hands up in air

Fanatic.
    Originally posted by RasTa
    if i do load it up an hour goes by np

An hour where you mightn't even play a game....just adjust your team and tactics..

Dunno about the idea for CM4 with the game engine.

Me thinks the text is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

huge fan for years...

now work for SI :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Been playin it since Champ Man 92/93 on Amiga!

The most engrossing game I have ever played , was once known to go on a 3 day marathon session (back in the summer of '95) with only 5 or 10 mins sleep sessions! , Fantastic Game!

carbsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Noooo not.. that ,,, game :(((((

Ugh cant stand it .. blegh.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    now work for SI

Can I ask what you do ?

and do you get free software?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

Big fan, I used to play it on my m8's computer back when cm1 came out. Then played cm2 when I got my own pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i bought it today for my girlfriend.

she has the 97-98 cd, a very late xmas gift [after foolishly buying her THE SIMS]

but alls well and i got my loving...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

I think im the biggest fan!

Whenever im on holidays I get up at about 8am and play it untill 1 or 2!! I go through a season a day!

I cant wait for CM4!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I remember I got a loan of CM2 from someone in my class years ago. It was a month before his begging worked and he got his game back. Then I bought CM97/98 and failed History in the Leaving cos of it. Now I have CM97/98, CM3, CM00/01 and CM01/02. I still think Cm97/98 was the best. One change in your team could give you a fantastic run and keep you playing til the early hours of the morning. The most addictive game ever in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

True. Id have to say its the most addictive game of all time aswell. I get sacked a lot but I still keep trying.

And anyone else think CM3 01/02 is the hardest version of CM ever??

Chucky, I thought that it was the hardest game too - but it takes a small bit of getting into as it does some stuff differently that the other CM games...

If you keep getting sacked maybe you need to have a look at some of the forums over at www.sigames.com. You can see who the good players are and tactics that worked for some other people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Check the forums at www.thedugout.net too, there's some great info on players and tactics there. Especially check for a tactic file a guy uploaded called TheGreatWallOfChina, it's a 4-4-2 tactic that works a treat.

I'm using it with Newcastle and got 6th in the Premiership last year, plus quarter finals of the UEFA Cup, this season looks like it will be better.

Some great players you may have missed out on: if you need an ultracheap quality striker, search for To Madeira, he's a 22 year old Portuguese that you can get for 20,000 quid at the start of the game and he's excellent. Or get Djibril Cisse from Auxerre, he also rocks.

Midfield: Kieron Dyer, Radolsaw Kaluzny (amazing as a DMC in front of a back 4).

Defence: Ibrahim Said, David Prutton, Ifeani Udeze (amazing), Jimmy Svensson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

cm is one of the best games ever made, although a lot of people dont like it.
    I have only ever been sacked once, that was when i first started playing cm97-98 i remember it well because i had won a game 6-0 or sumpin right before i got sacked.
    some excellant players that you really must have are:
    Kennedy Bakircioglu (Hammarby)
    Tonton Zola Moukoko (Derby reserves I think)
    Javier Saviola (Barcelona will be pricey though)
    Riqulem (dunno if i spelled that right, River i think he plays for)
    Ruben Dario Gigena (river too i think)
    Patrick Viera (arsenal)
    Gianluigi Buffon (juventus)
    all super players well worth spending the money on, they will win you the league
    oh get nesta from lazio and walter samuel from roma for your central defenders
    4-3-1-2 is a great formation to play if you want goals, just make sure your defence is good and your midfielders are good too.
    My starting 11 with Barce at the moment are:

Buffon (goalkeeper)
    R. Carlos (left back)
    Simone Galluzo (right back)
    Samuel (l. centre def.)
    Nesta (r centre def.)
    Veron (left mid)
    Viera (centre mid)
    Bakircioglu (right mid)
    Totti (amc)
    Kluivert (r. striker)
    Saviola (l. striker)

year is 2006/07

for a few of these obsecure but brilliant and cheap (initially) players you should start a game with max players of 20,000 BTW - otherwise you wont see them all

Dont forget Bobby Zamora at Brighton :)

Advertisement