Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not sure but maby

• 16-08-2000 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

was in work today installing oceanfree on a computer and after the installation the cd drive started to acces the cd then bang . a shard of the cd hits me in the face and the rest of the cd has gone into pieces inside the cd rom its a 52 speed and this is the first time ive ever seen this . the exploding that is . the cd was made into bits .. anyone else seen somthing like that ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Yeah!!!
    hang on(sssnnooooorrrtttt!) exactly!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

poorly manufactured cd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

your computer is trying to tell you somthing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If it smacked you in the face - sue Ocean Free - could've blinded ya!!!

At least let them know about it and be a concerned citizen smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Funny, I was just reading about that very thing in a US mag...
    A lot of people have reported Age Of Empires 2 CDs 'exploding' in their CD rom drives...

Apparently it's because of:
    A) Heat
    &
    B} A CD label that is painted in such a way that the CD becomes unbalanced while spinning in the CD drive.

The good news is that the CD rom drive should work fine once you take it to bits and shake all the plastic shards out smile.gif

- What's this now?™ -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yes,I had a similar experience with a buttered scone, just exploded inside the drive.I complained to Mr. Kipling and got a lengthy apology and and a free subscription to "Healthy Pie Eating" for 12 months.
    Turns out to be the Currants were not distributed evenly about the bun and this caused an imbalance which resulted in it "Hopping" off the tray and hitting the laser!

OOOH,I hear laughter in the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!! (c)

John

Advertisement