Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn problems

• 30-12-2001 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I have my ISDN now a while and this problem which never happened at the start now happens all the time! Whenever Im on the net and someone rings the phone the minute the phone call is anserwed I get disconnected! And not only that but because its a strange disconnection Windows doesnt see it so it thinks im connected but im not to reconnect I usually have to restart :(! Anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

im getting this too, but on analogue connections (havent tested it with isdn connects yet, isdn on my router is fúcked :()

phone call to line 1, line 2 disconnects... i think its call waiting interfering with the modem. ill check it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well this is a sugestion since you only use one line of ur isdn for your computer why not make the other line the primary line for the computer and the other for your house its the simple solution . and since windows dosent see that your no longer connected why not just disconnect yourself and then re connect ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

We had something similar happen at home while I was away. It was more serious in the initially the line was cut, when they 'fixed' it the line would cut out as soon as the analog line was picked up. The engineer eventually replaced the Wallbox and all was fine.

Advertisement