Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem probs with win xp

• 31-12-2001 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi folks I bought windows xp over the weekend, and installed sucessfully but its giving me hassle with the modem, it takes bout 10 attempts to log in sucessfully mostly it logs in (handshake etc) but then will not load any pages...not even a home page, the modem worked perfectly under my old O/S (win me), I downloaded drivers for the modem which is a lucent V.90 LT, but its still happening any ideas anyone as I'm on the verge of restoring win me again:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Guessing here, but did you do an upgrade or a clean install?

The wodem i have in the winxp box is a lucent also, and connect speeds are always better than on the win2k or 9x ones with the standard drivers.

The other thing that springs to mind is 10 attempts? , what happens each attempt, does it dial, do you get to veriying username and password or??, i'd be inclined to try another isp also, in case there is some kind of xp incompatibility there.

In either case, this would appear to be an os problem rather than a hardware tweaking one (it does apparently work in the yucky winme ), probably better if you asked this in MS apps / OS

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

thanks for that, it was an upgrade, but for some reason I can log in now but when it connects it, you can't even ping a server, if you wait for a about 5 mins it will eventully allow you to view pages strange that

Advertisement