Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Latitude + 3com 10/100 pcmcia

• 18-08-2000 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

This is a headwrecker.

Since this morning i've been trying to get a 3com FE575CT-D ethernet card to work in a dell latitude.

Downloaded and tried all the drivers I could find from 3com's website; once I reboot after setting up the card, win 98 recognises its there and tries to find drivers for it, typing in the path from where I installed it in the first place doesnt work, neither does the win 98 cd.

This means that the card appears in device manager, but all the bindings I set up beforehand are removed.

It also keeps finding a pci ethernet controller on startup, with no drivers for it.

Weird.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

thats happened to me with some of their desktops too. What i did was remove both devices from windows settings. Reboot, and when it found the ethernet pci adapter gave it the 3com drivers. That sorted it. Maybe this will work for you. Never know your luck
    Greg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

yeah 3 com and there drivers....****e
    has any1 recently tried to install a 3com Modem??? there crap! the communication cd does nothing. U have to p|$$ about browsing the cd for a driver and then in still won find the driver or the modem wont respond.
    3 com have gone downhill and dell arent far behind them with ease of use!!
    bring back win3.1!!

Advertisement