Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSX Tricky

Options
  • 31-12-2001 3:30pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

uuuuhhhh... just spent 48 hours straight playing this game.

It rules.

Its quite hard but there are plenty of easy courses too. The tricks are lunatic and once you start doing BIG airs, its addictive. If you have a PS2 and even consider buying a snow-based game, get this.

BTW, I *own* Evil Phils ass at it ;p~~

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

It's brilliant, isn't it. Just owning a PS2 is reason enough for going out and buying this game.

I'm addicted to merqury city 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I own (and love) the original SSX...is it owrth buying TrickY???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah its good fun. I just unlocked Merqury city there yesterday, jesus its fast :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I want to cheat, I cant be arsed having to win all the previous routes to unlock the next ones... how do you unlock them and what are the codes?

Can anyone beat 396,000 on Showoff on Garabaldi?

Its a cracking game, worth the price easily... if you liked SSX this is a godsend.

DeV.

I dont actually think there are any codes to unlock all the tracks. I've been looking around for some and they only tell me 'get so many medals to unlock some sort of secret track'.

Besides, cheating is bold.

My highest on garibaldi is about 300,000 or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Master Code (must Be On)
    Ec8fa3fc 14303924

Unlock All Riders
    1ca534c4 61dfb00c

Unlock All Tracks
    1ca534c0 61dfb00c

I just cant see anyway to type them in (username is too short)... and these WERE for the PS2.... any idea how to use them?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

They are "Gameshark" codes DeV. You know, something like Game Genie you used to get for older consoles.

I think its a cartage that plugs into the memory card slot, or a boot CD that allows you to do some cool cheats in every game.

bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I don't have a PS2 but have played SSX on Castors and I'm seriously thinking of getting one but maybe I'll wait till the x-box and GC are available and pick then although I also loved Tekken Tag however I might love the GC games and I never owned a ninty machine and Rob thinks they're good which reminds me to find out when SB2 is out on GBA but I dunno the whole console thing, where after a year the thing is obsolete and the games cost loads but sometimes they're better and I did really enjoy Zelda on me old Gameboy, oh yeah I have owned a ninty machine, silly me, wherewas I, yeah it was great but would I ever really use a GBA cos I use to use the GB when on the bus or dart or train and now I have a sturdy van which is a bit hard to play games and drive at the same time, but the sheer joy of SB2 anytime anyplace might be good as would Supercars if Magnetic Fields fancied a bit of make more cash out of ancient game action and where's the full stop on this keyboard, oh yeah here it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Mods shouldn't be allowed to post such strange replys.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ive had my mates ps2 now for the past two weeks or so.. rented tricky out from xtravision.. they got it back four days late, hella addictive, reckon i'll go out and buy it anyway regardless of the fact i dont even own the ps2 ..

didnt come close to that on garibaldi yet btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

right thats it... im buying it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by bubbles
    Mods shouldn't be allowed to post such strange replys.

Seriously.

Yeah, right, Bubbles being serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hacktav¡st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Er..
    What kind of game its it?
    Snowboarding?
    I played a SSX Snowboarding on the demo that comes with the Ps2 and I hated it tbh.
    But whats Tricky like?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by hacktavist
    Er..
    What kind of game its it?
    Snowboarding?
    I played a SSX Snowboarding on the demo that comes with the Ps2 and I hated it tbh.
    But whats Tricky like?
    Pretty similar, just more tricks oriented rather than racing (which is still a big part of it).

My brother got it from Santy, but I dunno, I don't find the controls as intuitive and easy to get to grips with as say, Tony Hawks or Shaun Palmer (same series as Tony Hawks and it's snow board based).

The game looks beautiful - loads of fit enducing flashy colours and the levels are pretty spectacular - it's worth a go for that alone.

Still - good fun. I prefer it to the first one, but I'd take it or leave it.

Uhhhuh, its kewl d00d.

Still trying to unlock the other courses... will do in a while but right now I'm just spending all my time finding more things to bounce off and Tricky off on Garabaldi...

(On Garabaldi)
    Highest score to date: 413,000
    Biggest air: 6.21 secs

If anyone can beat that Big Air time I'll be amazed, I havent come close since....

This is one game I'd buy a PS2 to play...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hehe I'll beat it tonight no problem i can get 5 sec air time and i am shít so i'll get my next door neighbour on it, he is class at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Hey Tom I got 415,000 in Garibaldi have u got that yet I got a big air of 7.08 as well, so when your in Mayo call in to my place and get your ass whiped like a bitch.

The toyko city megaplex is the best race so far for big air mines 9.13.

As far as games go i think the extras are great that juke box option is cool couse its got a great sound track. The DJ form the beastie boys did a good job along with some top U.K. DJs,
    Run Dmc and Bif Naked (the voice of Zoe Payne).

Keep it Tricky
    :p:)

I got 449085 on Garibaldi this morning. :D Anyone do any better I can't beat my air time yet its still 7.08 but I got 8.60 in Toyko Megaplex. I r number 1 all others r number 2 or lower.

I want to know who's the most popular rider I use Moby personally, but sometimes I use Zoe, Marty or Psymon.

Keep it Tricky

• Advertisement

Marty is die helt!

I could beat that score I bet but I've gone off to unlock the other tracks. Tokyo is just brain-bending.... I like mercury city a LOT, I think its the new Garabaldi for me...

how did you pull 7+ big air on Garabaldi!?

Lets see you do it for real... *wink*

DeV.

EASY.

The character jumps higher if he/she has good exp points I Got Moby at Sensi and I unlocked his Uber Board (Nice!!!) and another thing look out for the short cuts most of them end with a big jump at the end.

Tokyo is not that hard to do if ur any good at the game just avode the fans in race mode and get on them in show off mode and try to get of the half pipes quickly the jumps are on the ground hope thats not to brain-bending for you DeV

Keep it Tricky ;)
    De5p0i1eR

Originally posted by DeVore
    Lets see you do it for real... *wink*
    Now THAT I'd pay money to see ;)

G'wan Gar - impress us with your l33t Real Life snowboarding skillz!!! :)

Gar, I broke half a million on Garabaldi today. 513,000 Evil Phil and RogueDotc were there to witness it.

I use Marty but he's only at Champ at the moment. Still havent beaten 6.21 for big air on Garabaldi but I will. Did you pull that off the first hill or where?

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    I use Marty but he's only at Champ at the moment. Still havent beaten 6.21 for big air on Garabaldi but I will. Did you pull that off the first hill or where?
    First hill, yeah.

I'm going to ring him when he wakes up - that score'll really annoy him :)

I'm such an evil fup to my brother...

Hey Dev good score I'll have to try and beat that today when I'm botered and since you asked I got that air time on the last jump by powering it up before the corner and boosting, I used the jump to do a triple Misty Superman Barspin to a late Nothing and missed the red snow flake other wise I'd have broken the Half million barrier. Enough with the excuses I got to go get 600,000 before u do.

Did u know that Marty isn't in the US version, they got Mac from the first version whose the exact same exept with short hair and diffrent colour boards. Usless information provided by De5p0i1eR

Keep it Tricky,
    De5p0i1eR :mad:

Hey Tom I just got 597030 & 601090 in Garabldi. How do u like that for top scores I'll get Dav to confirm them when he comes down at the weekend. Good luck breaking my jump record and score (you'll need it).

keep it Tricky,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you've got the first one is this sequel worth buying - just like to know if it's worth lashing out €63.50 like?

I haven't played the original but I think tricky is great. If you really, really liked the first game I suppose you'd enjoy this.

• Advertisement

Tom - more bad news...

Garret's like a man obsessed - he rang me this morning to ask me to post the following up:
    HAA HAA TOM! I got a score of 705310 and I'm working on getting one higher!
    Sorry - he gets like this sometimes.

I think you should sort it out on DM4 myself... :D

Advertisement