Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSX Tricky

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Hey Castor I think its worth buying the sequel as the courses havs been improved and they added some new ones and the new riders are much better. The Uber tricks are a great addition as well.

If your worryed about paying €63 why not checkout [URL=http://]http://www,amazon.co.uk[/URL] there pretty cheap for games.

Keep it Tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

goddamn alaskas one hella wankery track to get gold on.
    eventually done it though and am rewarded with Master ranking for Marty.. yay, all a bit pointless though when the video you unlock is the same as the new ranking video.

best score on garibaldi is only 560k.. i bow down before you 700+ ppl (for the moment) hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Right got it today - best score on Garabaldi, 140,000 :) I can get 6 seconds of air though, so that's not too bad - uber tricks definitely make it a lot easier to rack up a larger score. I aim to have the half million in the next couple days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Jesus Christ, 700,000+? Here I was thinking I was great with my 510,000.

How can you find out your best air time? Never seen it before.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its one of the stats you get at the end of the race, towards the bottom...

God damn, I hadnt been playing Garabaldi lately, kinda working on the tracks, but 700K+ is lunacy. I *can* beat it and I WILL!!!

The sound track kicks too, try playing Reality Detached in the DVD->Jukebox area... and imagine yourself out in a club...

DeV.

• Advertisement

I got 573,000 with Marty on Contender level today on Garibaldi - time to start closing in on the 700,000 I reckon, oh and 7.45 of air, the longest so far in this thread, I believe :)

Got 804,000 or thereabouts earlier with marty. Pulled off a nice uber X5 trick at the end :D

bah.. i get 775725 and then someone gets 800+
    > 600 is pretty simple though.
    i reckon 825-840 is the max possible though the route i take :)

scrap that, I just managed 854k.. includes 3 jumps of 110k+ points even tho I missed about 3 or 4 multipliers along the way :)

i'd say a top score of just over 1 million is possible if your some sort of freak... so i'm sure someone here will get it soon heh

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

FUUUUUUUCK.

God damn you all.... I mean I wore my fingers to the bone beating Despoiler's 705000 score with a 742,000 and then you psycho's go and start beating me AND him.

Grrrrrr. Back to the race... I'm sure I can hit that big 5x at the end.

DeV.

• Advertisement

I'm up to 675,000 - closing in there boys :)

I'm board of this little compatiton I've got other games to play as well my best score is about 780k+ I'm not playing it as much I got Moby to master maby now I can beat it but I'm just not bothered playing Garabaldi as much as I used toI'm trying to peak all the riders right now.

Keep it Tricky
    :)

Well done to u on that score Kali my best is 825,485 at the moment but by the time I beat your score someone will have set a new record and it will all have been for nothing I cant get that 5X multiplier at the last jump though, maby then Ill beat you.

Well done

Keep it tricky

best time challenge for garibaldi for those who prefer that sorta thing is: 3'08.11 .. was a total fluke of nature and haven't been able to beat it yet so i'm presuming its good :)

elysium alps: 4'36.31

enjoy.

Hey lads I got 908340 tonight on Garabaldi anyone else break the 900k barrier yet. I still cant get that last 5X multiplier near the finish line. :mad:

Anyways this was a grudge match between me and DeVore before you all came along and started beating us so I just wanted to beat you for a change. :D

I'll check my times and see if I can beat that time in challenge mode (doubt it but you never know). :confused:

Keep it Tricky

No score increase for me as yet - the game's on my **** list at the moment :) trying last night to get golds in race mode and kept coming first in the first two heats then 4th in the third.

My best time on Elysium Alps is 5' 02'' - Garibaldi is around 3' 34'' I think.

In showoff do you guys get more points jumping off the first hill on Garibaldi or grinding down the wires to the right?

You get far more points going along the rail to the right.

You can be Tricky and have *done* an uber-trick by the time you hit the bottom of the first hill.

You jump off that the first rail and turn the board at right angles to the rail you just came off. You *should* hit a cable which is connecting the advertisment hoardings together. Grind that for a while and you will be Tricky Jump off before you hit that big advertisment and you have loads of time to pull an uber trick.
    You'll land at the bottom near the blue shortcut.

I get the feeling everyone is now going to break a million with that tip :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Only played this game for about 2 or 3 hours, cained most of kali's scores in a couple of tricks........... i am great and what not...... or it could perhaps have to do with owning the jap original ssx about a year before it even saw the light of day here :)

Must say tho, they kinda killed some tracks from the original and made some better. Snowdream comes to mind.... its not as fun anymore.

Anyway , in a "mines bigger than yours" fashion, i'd just like to say that my highest score is whatever kali does plus alot :)

Hey bugs I beat Kali's score to and I posted my score so quit the crap talk and post your scores instead of braging about them with no proof, we want numbers not loudmoth's talking a load of crap about nothing. :mad:

Kali as far as your best time its a bitch to beat my best is 3.11 but I'm working on it. :)

Hey Dev why did you tell them that tip you'll never get any where if you give away all yous secrets like that. :p

Keep it Tricky

Dev best bet is to do loads of 360s and tricks before you go over the edge of the first big hill, should be able to manage two uber tricks on the way down and manage full tricky way before you get to the first checkpoint (should be on about 200k at that stage)... rails are pointless on garibaldi, when theres so much big jumps available.

i'll just ignore bugs cos i beat him the other night in 2 player(apart from elysium alps heh) :)

• Advertisement

rails are pointless on garibaldi, when theres so much big jumps available.

That Rail after the first check point is pretty good and its got a 5X multiplier at the end with enough room for an uber trick and a 720, good for 90k at least if you can get it. The only problem is its at the bottem of a hill and you sometimes jump over it by mistake but try it its worth a gamble.

Keep it Tricky

just got 1,022,370.. yay :)
    missed about 100k point on the way down tho i reckon ...

Ah you big freak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I discovered this for the office game cube the other day too....

AMAZING fun!!!

wait till you lot play Amped for the XBox, its even better again :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Amp has his own game now?

Nice one...

amp test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

uh.. test

Advertisement