Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

networking prob

• 31-12-2001 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

just got a pcmcia network card for my sisters laptop, i tried networking it with my computer today, but neither of them are detecting the other. My comp is running win2k and i'm using a d-link 10/100 nic, the laptop is running win98se and i'm using a conceptronic 10/100 nic. I was at a lan about a month ago and my pc worked fine but i have reinstalled the nic it since. Anyone got any ideas to why it isn't working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

at UL u put the IP on your PC to 10.0.0.X, so you have to set the IP in your laptop to 10.0.0.Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

if that doesn't work, you're using normal lan cable, and you should be using crossover cable since you dont have a hub

(and if you're sure that it is crossover cable, then try the IP's 192.168.0.X i dunno if that makes a diff tho).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

arse its cos i dont have crossover cable, is anyone willing to post me one? name your price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ehh... why not just buy one? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

only bout tenner

or make one

• Advertisement
Advertisement