Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slot versus Socket

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I was trying to save a few quid with that heatsink/fan on the old celeron. smile.gif It worked too, never had a problem with the machine before and been to many lans with it. It was just a very very hot day. The apartment we were in had this big glass window/balcony thingy facing west so the sun was shining in all day. Anyway, have a globalwin heatsink/fan on the celeron2 so everything's fine. I'll get a p3 when when I think I need a faster chip.

Since we are on the subject of cooling. Anyone know where I can get a bigger heatsink for my creative geforce ddr? It seems to run very hot.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 19-08-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Chubby you might want to take a look at http://www.ocshoot.com for heatsinks, also i think they have a report that the globalwin heatsinks can crack the chip that there on(you might want to take a look to be sure) i just looked by it and saw this don't know if its right or not. but they have got a report in there about coolers for cpu, graphics, and chipset well worth a looks.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Chubby, I use a heatsink from a p200, with an 80mm fan blowing over it and out hte back of the case. 486 fans are good too. Maplin electronics on jervis st have them. I'd advise you change the heatsink/fan asap as the standard one is a joke.

Advertisement