Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

She's Back!! Buffy Season 6

• 01-01-2002 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Ah, being a proud owner of all the limited edition box sets to date (Season's One to Five), I have to say, I have waited for this day (in an Apu style voice).

Unless I was incorrectly informed, we shall see the launch of Season 6 this Thursday (3rd January) on Sky One.

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Seen it already..downhill shes goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

downhill she goes

explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

No don't give anything away.

Your opinion of Season 6, is your own, and if you try to explain your reasons you will just ruin it for the rest of us. I'm sure plenty of fans will reply/look at this thread over the coming days, and I'm sure they feel the same.

Anyway it seems that I have made a mistake with the launch date. I appears that this coming Thursday (3rd), will show a "Hype Documentary", promoting the coming season. All the typical behind the scenes, and interview with cast, stuff. So I can't give you an exact date yet. But keep a close eye on the ads on Sky One for further details.

;-phobos-)

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by phobos
    Ah, being a proud owner of all the limited edition box sets to date (Season's One to Five),
    There were limited ediion version of season 4 and 5? I never saw them and I bought my 4th series ones the week they came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

explain

Without giving absolutly anything away about Buffy, I would like to try.

Buffy is now created by UPN (instead of WB). This is the network that use similar tactics as Lucuas (putting things in for demographics rather then artistic). A good example is the Rock put into Voyager to get help get the wrestling demographic to watch an already dying series (when it would of been better to just fire all the writers and get better ones).

That sort of thing is not a one off for UPN, so don't be surprised if the witches out of Charmed suddenly make a guest appearance or vampire wrestlers invade the hellmouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Buffy is now created by UPN (instead of WB). This is the network that use similar tactics as Lucuas (putting things in for demographics rather then artistic). A good example is the Rock put into Voyager to get help get the wrestling demographic to watch an already dying series (when it would of been better to just fire all the writers and get better ones).

That sort of thing is not a one off for UPN, so don't be surprised if the witches out of Charmed suddenly make a guest appearance or vampire wrestlers invade the hellmouth.
    Errrm Hobbes, do you just hate the UPN network or something? :) From what I've seen and read so far the old crew (creator Joss Whedan and his writers) are still pretty much in control. What makes Buffy so different from other shows is actually just how much control Joss Whedan has. He'd plan all the big story arcs well in advance and knows pretty much what's going to happen years in adance. And all the episodes other writers write he'd personal correct and approve which is why the Buffy universe and the show is so consistant unlike something like Star Trek Voyager etc. A different network is paying for it now, so what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Buffy the Vampire Slayer has the be the most unadulterated **** on television. It's not funny and it sure as hell is'nt a quality drama with intelligent dialogue with decent scrip writing. THe make up is average at best and the whole thing has a very cheap b-movie/ resident evil type quality to it.

If it's all about a Sarah Michelle Gellar obsession i'd be much happier with her in Cruel Intentions- a much more... gratifying role?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Like I said UPN have a habit of doing it. Especially if the ratings for a particular program slip. Heck they did the same on 7 days even when that series was in it's "Copy cat"* phase.

Don't get me wrong, Joss is good. The Angel series is excellent however Buffy seems to becoming more and more gilmore girls/7th heaven with a baddie of the week off'ed at the end of it.

---
    * Copy cat phase is where a series ratings are so bad that the writers create scripts that mirror other famous stories. In the case of 7 days lots of their story plots where rehashes of movies. Normally this and then guest appearances of people to boost demographics spell the end of the series. Battlestar Gallactica also suffered a similar fate.

FYI Buffy Season 6 will be starting Thursday 10th January, on Sky One

For those of you who didn't watched the "Hype Doc" earlier tonight, it was confirmed. One can only assume Angel will be doing the same.

;-phobos-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i didn't watch that "hype doc"..
    stupid sky one :) making me wait another week

that being said alyson hannigan was looking v. fine for the 10 seconds i tuned in.

• Advertisement

stupid sky one making me wait another week

I know! :rolleyes:

I have always enjoyed the pilot episodes of new Buffy seasons. It's quite an eventful occasion in my house.

[PICTURE THIS]
    The ads are on, just before the show starts, and you are trying to settle the room, eliminating any chance of interruption for the comming hour. Then as the theme music starts, so does the hover in the next room, and your mother (who you've explained the new Buffy Season thing to), decides now is the perfect time to clean the house. "AAAAaaagh Will you for fu<k sake!!, clean some other fu<king time, fukking move!!, you are blocking the TV". Then the phone rings, "Tell them to Fu<k off!!, Buffy's On!!" :mad:
    [/PICTURE THIS]

Someday I'll grow up, I really will. But for now I will throw tantrums whenever I want to ;)

;-phobos-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

with me last year they always picked the new ep of buffy to come in and have a serious talk about my studies.

i got in so much trouble for telling them to get the f**k out of the room every week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

buffy?
    supose you like dream team aswell so..

supose you like dream team aswell so..

Ah another "Buffy is crap" person.

Mate it's your opinion, not ours, get over it. I will admit having more time for earlier seasons of Buffy. But the story as a whole rocks. I have to give it to Joss for his efforts throughout the past seasons. Consider the fact that when a character left Buffy, they were able to create a show based on the disembarking character, and not only that, they made it a success (BTW I'm talking about Angel :) ). They also tied the two shows together nicely by throwing in the odd crossover episodes.

I find the people who hate Buffy the most are the people who jumped on the bandwagon too late. I know I wouldn't like buffy if I only started watching it more recently. Some say they don't like the humour in it. Well that's defintely a matter of taste, because I cannot pass an eplisode without giggling at some point or another.

Anyway this thread wasn't titled "What do you think of Buffy?"

Christ there is definately too much of a "Let's laugh and point, and see if my mates a with me" type attitude around here.

;-phobos-)
    PS: I hate Dream Team, but I'm sure others may watch it. God Bless 'em ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahhh poo,
    I missed it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Like I said UPN have a habit of doing it. Especially if the ratings for a particular program slip. Heck they did the same on 7 days even when that series was in it's "Copy cat"* phase.
    I don't want to give anything away (which is impossible since i don't know a lot), but from what i hear, season six is much darker than previous seasons. Hardly the kind of mood needed to pull in the viewers.

Anyway, while i cannot for the life of me understand where people get the badly written/poorly acted/not funny/Dream Team comparisons from, y'all are entitled to your opinions, untill the revolution comes of course, then you'll be made to like it, HA HA !

Advertisement