Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my mudderboard dead + rant.

• 01-01-2002 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

First off a quick question..

Have moved my power supply and motherboard(ABitKt7a-RAID)
    to a new case, however, when I boot, lights come on, drives, and fans power up, but no graphic card joy... does this sound like somewhere along the line the board has been shorted?? Any solutions/ suggestions...?

<rant>
    Because the machine I ****ed up above is what I rely on to work from home, I desperately needed it running .. so I decided since I needed it to be running and I should do a bit for Oirland, (I usually buy over the net), I'd try and get what I need here. So off I go to the ITdirect site, and lo they have the board I need, and shure feck it I'll get a couple of 41 Gig-ers for me RAID. Available on the site. Yes sir. So off i trundle into Dublin to make my 450ish quid purchase.

"Do you have the board?"
    Them(Ozzie bloke): "No. Out of stock."

Turns back to machine. Me still standing there like a plonker waiting to be sold something...

A display of arrogance i haven't witnessed in ages...

I'm in awe at the complete lack of salesmanship on exihibit.. didn't try to sell me anything else and let me walk out the door knowing that it I needed a board urgently...... nevermind his obvious assumption that I wasn't worth talking to..

Anyway would just like to point out to anyone thinking of abandoning Online shopping to support our ailing economy by shopping at home.. don't fukin' bother they obviously don't need our money....
    <rant>

Funding the UK economy online.

lph

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

First off I'd remove all cards bar the video, all peripheral cables (esp IDE/Floppy if theyre on the wrong way this can happen).
    If that does nothing then remove the mbds from the case and set it down on something non conductive (And earthed , a nice thick magazine you've touched while touching the case does fine here, it should be thick enough to give your Vide card bracket clearance at the bottom) then try it again - if this words look for any extra standoffs on the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

on the rant

i agree totally, at least with online shopping the only thing to go aresways is the tech support [which is most cases is pretty good, except for scan.co.uk]

online = no idiot behind counter
    no idiot behind counter = happy customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On the rant too:- Went into peats, ages ago, looking for prices on some sdram. Ask the guy, he says 'What kind of computer are you putting it in?' I don't know the name of it, but tell him the vital stats. Without even checking board types etc, he declares, 'Oh your board won't take modern RAM, you'll need to upgrade it'. OK.....even though my board already has 64 megs of sdram, of the same type I was asking about......Anyway after that, peats are not getting any business off me. Ram was too expensive anyway :)

As for the tech problem, join #tech.ie on irc.quakenet.eu.org and have the computer next to you. Motherboard probs are difficult to fix on the boards, with so many possibilities, and waiting for replies, etc. I'm sure gerry would be more than happy to give you some live help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

#tech.ie on irc.quakenet.eu.org

make it a sticky, a sticky i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by seamus
    On the rant too:- Went into peats, ages ago, looking for prices on some sdram. Ask the guy, he says 'What kind of computer are you putting it in?' I don't know the name of it, but tell him the vital stats. Without even checking board types etc, he declares, 'Oh your board won't take modern RAM, you'll need to upgrade it'. OK.....even though my board already has 64 megs of sdram, of the same type I was asking about......Anyway after that, peats are not getting any business off me. Ram was too expensive anyway :)

As for the tech problem, join #tech.ie on irc.quakenet.eu.org and have the computer next to you. Motherboard probs are difficult to fix on the boards, with so many possibilities, and waiting for replies, etc. I'm sure gerry would be more than happy to give you some live help :)

Or you could just buy from us (www.bite-ltd.com/shop.html).....****GRIN***

Advertisement