Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Notes

Options
  • 01-01-2002 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Well I like em... especially the holograms. I see the US is now a bit concerned that the dollar is a lot easier to counterfeit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It looks futuristic i agree pretty nice too

only question I have is what will happen to the holographic thingy in the fivers when they become deshevelled and rinkled like fivers do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

European notes are made with better quality paper than punts.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

I don't know about that Lennox.....

I heard that there is concern that the notes used in Ireland will not be hardwearing because the Irish do not generally use wallets and because of the notes being passed over wet bars in pubs.

Presumably, Irish notes were created to withstand these features, but the Euro ones have not according to what I read in one newspaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Toilet paper. Horrible cheap crap. Gimme back my punts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    European notes are made with better quality paper than punts.

AFAIK its not paper at all....
    The higher value notes are made from COTTON and the lower ones are made from "USED DENIM" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

European notes are made with better quality paper than punts

of course, punts are made of an entirely differenct substance that notes. One kind hurts when you throw it at someone from a short distance, the other does not.

i hate the new notes, holding the IR£10 gave me satisfaction of a job well done, the €10 does not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

It reminds me of monopoly money eg. €500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Why have they not put EU States peeple on the notes?
    Just for a laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted Rebel18 Cork
    It reminds me of monopoly money eg. €500

Please explain .....
    Originally posted by Cork
    Why have they not put EU States peeple on the notes? Just for a laugh?

Oh, I can just see that, the Queens head on the €50. Very popular in Dundalk, Paris and Berlin. NOT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, the notes were designed to be as impartial as possible, bit like the irish coins, with their variety of birds and animals :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They should had common coins, no differences at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Now the Dutch have released a special 10 Euro coin to commemorate their royal wedding. www.dehuwelijksmunt.nl

And guess what, in the spirit of European integration, this special 10 Euro coin is only legal tender in the Netherlands. Idiots.

During the weekend a Dutch pro-Republican threw an apple sized water balloon filled with flour and water at the carriage after the wedding. He was arrested and news says he can expect "up to two years in prison". Now, I wonder, would somebody get two years in prison for throwing a water balloon at my car?

Monarchy: A royal waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

:) they are special.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Did you hear that a map company is Sueing the ECB for using its European map without their permission and demanding compensation or the withdrawl of ALL Euro notes?? hehe of all things to be the Euros demise i bet sceptics did not think of that one!

Back on track.. i like the Euro notes.. not impressed with the little coins though..

Advertisement