Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where and when did you get your first notes

Options
  • 01-01-2002 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious

as for me it was about 3.30 am on the way home from a party when i stopped into a 24 hour garage and bought 20 smokes with a £20 note and got 2 €10 notes and some gold coins back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

mid october and i was disgusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

december 24th @ home, 10 Euro Note, why did we have to go Euro ?

wheres the satisfaction in holding the lightweigth peice o toilet peper, i want my 10 Pound Note back *sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

a few hours ago... Decided to check my bank balance and got a €20 note. Very disapointed with the paper they are printed on.. like cheap toilet paper.

I like the €1 & €2 coins tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

At work today, swapped my irish notes for Euros from our till :)

I quite like the new notes and coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

At the cinema shortly after I got up (around 2)

I like the coins (finally a 2p/c coin that doesn't feel like a piece of lead) as they are lighter + shinier ;)
    Dunno about the notes though. They seem a bit..... weak?

DK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

this morning after a long night of psychodelic rock and the accessories... went to the shop to buy supplies for the morning-after continuation binge of mixing nice herbs with yobs.... :D

Handed a £10 over and got a €10 and some coinage back... felt really good. Like i was cheating them. Then i remembered that i got less then i gave... But suddenly remembere d the yob! :)

Change is good
    Punts r pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

got mine today @ an ATM €30 worth - really strage - they feel like they're just toy money or sth. but i got rid of all my irish cash today so im totally euroised :) the coins r pretty cool but the 1p is lik e ha'penny and the 2p is like 1p and i wish the 5p was a different colour because its just like copper now.
    the £50 looks pretty cool though, and the holograms r gr8 :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I went down to Xtravision last night to rent a DVD (didn't really want one, just wanted some Euro) handed in my £20 note and guess what ?
    I got Punt change back !
    I asked what was up and the guy behind the counter said they had run out of Euro as people were coming and paying for the rental of one video with £50 notes so their supply was fairly quickly exhausted !

I ended up going to an ATM to withdraw €100 (got twp €50 notes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bunalun organic foodshop English Market Cork, I got about 35 euro for delivery of product.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

1st January 2002, I was going home and was picking up some diesel with a fuel card and yer man charged me in Irish instead of Euro and had to refund me in Euro's, which is nice cos I'm not susposed to get free money.

The next day I went into a Spar to get some smokes and was asked was I paying in Euro's or "proper money".

Yeah it looks and feels like monopoly money but sure when Euro's have been around for a while, I'll pick up and old Irish 50p and think "wow, how archaic" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Yesterday- Wednesday 2nd

What an experience :rolleyes:
    I had to wait in feckin line at the IMC in Dun Laoighre for 10 mins for them to charge a tenner to my Visa, then give the €10 in cash and then get back in the queue and pay for the cinema ticket with my newly forged €10 note-

I didn't really mind because at least I missed that infuriating Carlton Screen Advertising grubbish and was bang on time for the start of the movie:D

[BTW...Go see "The Man who wasn't there"- xlnt flick if you ask me:)]

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Apparently, a fakie was found in Co. Clare yesterday. The only note I've looked at properly is the €5 one, so if someone handed me a forgery I wouldn't know the bleedin difference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

80p - that's strange, all credit card machines were supposed to have been automatically converted to euros on Jan 1st.

Advertisement