Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast -> PC Virus

Options
  • 01-01-2002 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Found this on Edge.box.sk
    In what appears to be the first reported incident of console-to-computer virus crossover, the Japanese-language version of "Atelier Marie," a role-playing game for the Sega Dreamcast games console, is infected with a highly destructive computer virus. Since Dreamcast games come on Cd-roms, this company decided to include a screen saver for your PC, and that screen saver is infected with the W32/Kriz virus, your console is safe.

Weird

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

another reason why i did not buy the dreamcast ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭jes

dreamcasts are reaally hard to find in australia now, and are more expensive now secondhand than they were brand new.

i guess its because of the abundance of quality games it has and also theres tonnes of backups/copies floating about..

not that i condone that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I bought one and i liked it. MSR is great, so is Dead or Alive 2 and Soul Calibur. I just think the dreamcast was marketed badly. I'm not biased either as I also have a PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I thought DC games came on special GD-Roms...or is it that they take both CD and GD-Roms?

I'm definately going to buy a Dreamcast soon. The console only costs £50! Most of the good games are only £20 like Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure and Street Fighter 3: third Strike.

DC has had the best games of any of the next generation consoles so far. Soul Calibur and Shemue have yet to be improved on graphically ( except by Halo)- it's leaps and bounds ahead of anything on PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

[Shut up and go away]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Oh do fuck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Oh do **** off.

odd, you got away with that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Boards.ie has an innate sense of justice which lets Brendan tell utter retards to f*ck off, apparently. Rasta, you continue to post shít about warez games on this board and I'm going to start deleting everything you post regardless of content. Comprende?

Originally posted by Gone Shootin

odd, you got away with that one

yea i was a tad suprised with that aswell. but then i saw he put {i}{/i} between the f and u. quite a smartárse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

giggle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That was'nt anything to do with me was it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

o no shinji dont do that!!!!!!!!!!!
    do wha u want i dont really care
    this is only a internet message board,dont take it to seriously m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'll take your suggestion under advisement. In the meanwhile, behave and stop being such an ignorant smartarse.

Advertisement