Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1891 blocked from mobile access

• 13-08-2000 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

It looks like Eircom have blocked people from using 1891 internet access numbers on their mobile phones.

I cannot reach the following numbers on my Digifone or Eircell accounts:

1891 121 121 iol
    1891 110 110 indigo
    1891 114 114 indigo
    1891 150 150 eircom

It would be good if people on this board try to accesss these numbers with their phones. If you cannot reach the numbers anymore and you want to express an opinion, here are some email places to start:

customer.care@digifone.com

custcare@eircell.ie

regards
    Bernie Goldbach more on topgold

[This message has been edited by topgold (edited 15-08-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sticky

Looks like you are right...

1891 121 121 (IOL) is not answering via Esat - it worked last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

No luck with 1891 147 147 (elivefree.net) from my eircell phone frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just found this

Business : National

EIRCOM NET SERVICE HIT BY HACKER
    17/08/2000 08:19:33

The company says it is changing dial-in and mail passwords for users of the Eircom Net 1891 service, as a precautionary measure.

The hacker is thought to have got into the company's 'net system late on Tuesday or early yesterday, but the breach was only discovered last night.

The Irish Independent this morning quotes an Eircom spokesperson as confirming that the hacker had the freedom to read e-mails and change websites.

Eircom.net has posted a notice on its website advising its customers as to what has happened. Users now have to ring a helpline number to get new password.

The security breach is thought to have been the first of its type in Ireland. Eircom has told the Irish Independent that it reported the hacking to the gardai right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

that has nothing to do with the fact that you cant use 1891 from mobiles smile.gif

apparently they had to change over 20,000 passwords and reissue them to customers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Advertisement
Advertisement