Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hangover Cures - Whats yours ?

• 01-01-2002 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hair of the dog and all that.
    Does the banana one really work ?
    How about the 2 pints of water and a few paracetamol ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭TARE

Have one can or glass of what ever you where drinking the night before, Sorted.

If you just have an upset stomach and not a sore head, a lovely cool Yop will settle it nicely.

The best way to avoid a hang over though is to drink loads of water during the day, I generally don't get hang overs when I do that. Nice bit of food before you go out helps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on the type of hangover. If I have a headache, a few parcetemol are first in the order. Then, if I'm in college, it's a big, dirty, tuna sweetcorn & lettuce baguette with a mug of sugary coffee. If I'm at home, It's usually greasy fried eggs on toast + the aforementioned coffee. Things to be avoided: - Lasagne(yes I nearly puked that up in Cafe Kylemore last week :(), tea, any form of dessert. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

the best cure for a hangover is another PINT!!!
    (it's the truth!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I rarely ever get hangovers...

Only after a heavy, heavy binge.
    Last hangover was in London. 30 quid, and happy hour don't mix.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Although I don't usually get hangovers :D, the thing I do is to get slightly pissed in the morning. Use with caution however as abuse of this could lead to alcoholism...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Night before - lucozade isotonic, the non-fizzy variety, and ****loads of bread. Soaks up the alcohol in your stomach, re-hydrates your body, you wake up feeling fine.

Morning after - big greasy fry-up, with hot sugary tea. Not coffee, coffee just makes your stomach more acid and makes you feel worse - if you need caffeine, take it in tablet form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I dont get hangovers, all I know that is no matter how sick you feel eat something. It works wonders.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I always, always get hangovers. 2 pints can give me one. Hair of the dog is good, loads of water before you go to bed followed by loads more when you wake up is good.

My prefered hangover cure is to stay in bed until it goes away.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Before I go to bed (If I remember) I have a glass of water, two Panadol and a glass of orange juice.

Retro cure would be:
    Sleep, lots of water, bananas and Panadol.

Greasey fry is a bad idea for me, I usually orally expel it quite violently soon after consumption !

Advertisement