Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old mother Dell

• 22-08-2000 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

given that the cheapest 'puter I could find that in any way matched what I wanted was still 1,700 squids, I've decided to just bung a new mother board and chip into my current machine.

There was a topic a while back where somebody asked for upgrade advice for his Dell and was told that they are a bit funny with mother-board sizes and that not all mother-boards would fit the case. Has anyone heard of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

shouldnt be any problem at all.

kens easy way to tell:
    open up the case check that the motherboard is square... if it is then it hasnt been subjected to oem treatment and you should be grand smile.gif

nah sometimes in the smaller tower cases or the slimline desktop cases theres the problem where theyve gone and drilled their own mounting holes etc. but thats in the minority like..

just count yourself lucky that its not a compaq or packard bell that your trying to upgrade..

Advertisement