Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam, Bard or someone from committee?

Options
  • 02-01-2002 2:06am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can I have the boards names of the IOFFL committee and (if possible) their positions on the committee?

Thanks.

DeV.

(Can elanas new baby be our official mascot?) :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Probably won't get them all in the one go, but I'll give it a try...

Fergus
    SkepticOne
    o_donnell_abu (Chair)
    Bard (Webmaster)
    jmason (think this is Justin's account)
    dangger (Vice Chair)
    ekehoe
    dahamsta (PRO)

I think that's everyone with a boards account. No doubt I'll be torn limb from limb by whoever I missed. :)

(Can elanas new baby be our official mascot?)

You'll have to ask Elana. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

I think that's everyone with a boards account. No doubt I'll be torn limb from limb by whoever I missed.
    You mean like 80project ? :)

You mean like 80project ? :)

Gah! Sorry 80p! :(

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I know what DeV is planning............. and its a great idea too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by seamus
    I know what DeV is planning............. and its a great idea too :)

...Yes?

• Advertisement

Ah I couldn't tell ya. amp already spoiled his 'Polls Only' Board. I'll let DeV take the credit himself :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

See now, regardless of what I do, he will say: "See I *knew* it" :p

IOFFL Committee members now identified on the boards as such. (Sorry Dahamsta, I know you just got your Moderator status too, I'll change it back if IOFFL every makes itself redundant ... which we all hope will be soon...)

I'll change Elana's back before she sees me next heheheh...

DeV.

ps: I didnt realise Justin Mason was on the committee (/me waves!)...Justin was online back in '88 with me... back when everyone online in Ireland kinda knew each other by first name!

Originally posted by DeVore
    See now, regardless of what I do, he will say: "See I *knew* it" :p

Ah **** I should have emailed ya before you posted :(

Thanks Tom, that's a nice touch. Now I can scream at people more officially. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Are the rest of us amateurs then ? :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

ah the pre internet days oh yes........does anyone remember cugi club (commadore user group of Ireland) they were the days all right......sitting in St Andrews school whiliong away the hours on a Friday night looking at video toasters & amazing amiga 1200's
    once we connected to some university in the states so we could see how many coke cans they haad in stock....this was the future all right

Originally posted by phoenix2181
    ah the pre internet days oh yes........does anyone remember cugi club (commadore user group of Ireland) they were the days all right......sitting in St Andrews school whiliong away the hours on a Friday night looking at video toasters & amazing amiga 1200's
    once we connected to some university in the states so we could see how many coke cans they haad in stock....this was the future all right

WHAT?!?! You mean the technology has come further? But eircom swore this was the best they could do for me!!!!!!:(

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

...does anyone remember cugi club (commadore user group of Ireland)...
    Christ... yes... I do... from before the AMIGA days even! (They used to meet in the function room above the bar at the Parkway Shopping Centre in Limerick and show off their Commodore 64's and Atari XL's :) )

eh... anyway... I know I got drunk and complained already... but I didn't really want "webmaster" in my description for reasons already explained.

S'pose "IOFFL Moderator" is alright.

Cheers Tom,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DeVore
    back when everyone online in Ireland kinda knew each other by first name!

You would be surprised how many people know about boards.ie registered or just lurkers, this is the main irish online forum, you wont find anotehr of the same size, great place to set up a political campaign, hell id vote for yea

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Good, cos if I ever leave technology (or make my millions) I'm going into politics (no joke!).

God can you imagine me in politics.... in the dail...:eek:

Yeah the site is getting busier and busier... its weird to be on a bus or something and hear people you dont know talk about it.
    I was "introduced" to boards recently by some friends who said
    "We found this new site man, you'll LOVE it!" :)

DeV.

Advertisement