Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterways/lakes within reach of Dublin

Options
  • 02-01-2002 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Anyone recommend any decent waterways/ lakes within a short drive of Dublin. Have moved over from the UK & am now looking for new venues.

Also - what's the licencing position nowadays - I know there didn't used to be a licence - is there now ??

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

What sort of fishing do you want. I personally only know about game fishing, however I can see what info I can dig up on other methods if you are interested. As a general rule, I find 40 miles to be roughly an hours drive - and 40 miles will get you to lots of good fishing areas. Try the regional fisheries boards, as they offer great maps (FREE). These maps also used to be available in all tackle shops. Dublin is covered by the eastern region fisheries board.

Happy hunting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 psychotic mouse

Thanks - I'm mainly coarse & Pike, although may move into game as well as there seems to be some good sport in Ireland.

I'll check out the fisheries board too - useful contact.

Andi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by psychotic mouse
    Thanks - I'm mainly coarse & Pike, although may move into game as well as there seems to be some good sport in Ireland.

I'll check out the fisheries board too - useful contact.

Andi

Have a lookhere for the eastern fisheries board

http://www.fishingireland.net/

and here for coarse fishing near dublin (maps as well)
    http://www.fishingireland.net/dublin/dncoarse.htm

jd

Advertisement