Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our free album-its free

Options
  • 02-01-2002 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

im in a little group and we recorded an album recently.
    its really lo-fi....REALLY

its kinda like electronica,but....it has instruments in it too.
    we call it *anti-pop*...cos its really unlistento-able...
    there are some good songs on it...must get rid of those

just mail me your adress and ill send you as many as you want.

we recorded it onto a tape,and one side is blank so you can use the other side to have easy listening to,so to recover...

you must be open minded to more than usual,you'll at least need to be able to respect Aphex Twin.

i just want people to hear my music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frank05330

its gotta be good if its free. and if its not... who cares i didnt pay for it anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

cool nice one.. emailing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

For starters let me say fair play for giving your music for free, thankfully there are some artists who still do it for the music and not the money.

But I'm critial by nature, so...

If you want people to listen to your music, and the more the better, I suggest you encode your tracks in to MP3 format and have them hosted somewhere. There are plenty of free hosting services online. That way everyone can instantly obtain your music, as opposed to relying on the postage system. Also it would save all kinds of expenses.

The reason I'm suggesting this is that, I personally like hearing new kinds of music, and the description of your music makes me curious. But I'm afraid it doesn't justify a reason for me to pass on my real physical address on to you.

Virtual information such as e-mail/web site address, are fine, but as soon as you cross the line out in to real world info, such as physical address, and phone numbers etc, people just get paranoid. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.

So perhaps you might consider this as a way to get more of us to listen to your stuff.

cheers :)

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

cheers phobos,but im also giving it away for free cos i wouldnt expect people to pay for my fun.
    its recorded on tape,so can it still be recorded onto mp3,or would i have to transfer it to minidisc,then put it through tath way..
    Lever is the techno wizard,i just j!ve,so he might know...
    if i put it on mp3 it'll be recorded by ....well we've got a track called "smells like teen spirit"and im sure people woulod...er...be surprised at what they'd get...
    blasphemy,maybe...yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"The reason I'm suggesting this is that, I personally like hearing new kinds of music, and the description of your music makes me curious. But I'm afraid it doesn't justify a reason for me to pass on my real physical address on to you. " - oh heaven forbid!

Gar_ptc has hardly posted to find out where some random people from the Phantom fm message board live so he can stlak them or rob their gaff or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

I have heard this tape and can only best describe it as an evil cross between Aphex Twin and The Avalanches. But REALLY lo-fi.
    Not my sorta thing normally but it was pretty cool.

Right, im off to make a jiving gent cocktail.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

i liked it

Advertisement