Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moderator Hack !!!

• 02-01-2002 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭

Can it please be added back in ?

I know I've brought up this before, but not being able to assign access rights and see who can access and who can't access the forum right now is getting more and more important, and stifling any growth of the forums.

can it be added back in?

thank you for reading
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yes!
    Pretty please uncle Cloud / aunty Dev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Like this, you mean?

sort of, but with the private community boards you used to be able to edit each access mask individually, and also see which users could see the board, at the moment, none of that is available, I have the option to ban a user (doesn't say which forum, I am mod of 2 boards) and thats it, cloud said he was going to add the moderator hack back in to allow this, me just trying to remind him :)

oh - okay :)

I AGREE WITH ASTROFOOL!

1N$T4LL TEH H4<K!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

*bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i endorse this previously-available product / service.

???

---

*bump!*

please, I've got 3 or 4 people I need to add to it now, if I get them to register with usename will u add them manually ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I think ken mailed cloud about it neil - hopefully he'll be able to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Sorry all, I've been a bit busy :)

I'll do it today.

Done.

thank you :D

Tried using the "Edit Access Masks" option to ban my brothers account from IrelandOFFLine forum (just testing). It came back with "You may not edit access for someone who is not a normal registered user!"

He IS a normal registered user and his username is Bounty Hunter.

... - so, eh... it doesn't seem to be working.

--

PS: any chance of a banlist in the mod cp?... so we can see at a glance who we've banned and selectively unban if required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

cheers cloud :)

just a simple question I hope. we had a user called barnz, I clicked the "ban" option on him, hoping that would stop access to the boards, what does the ban do? because now I can see his access masks, and he still has access, but am unable to edit them, it comes up saying he is not a normal user.

Does me clicking ban ban him from all boards? and if so does that mean that I could theoretically ban anyone? (bit powerful for a lowly community moderator :p)

You may not ban someone who is not a normal registered user!

I get that same error^

it seems to be that clicking ban does something to that user, mmm, view "Devore" clicks ban :p

that option used to be there bard, where u typed in the forums id and it gave a list of all people who could access the board, or in your case would be banned from it

aye, I just tried stopping access for another user as a test and got the same

You may not ban someone who is not a normal registered user!

Weird - Should be okay now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Are you a Doctor yet, Cloud?

Not until the summer at least Phil!

I've changed it so you can modify access for all users except administrators and super moderators. The old check was to see if the user was not a registered user (usergroupid 2) or else if the user was a moderator.

Should work, if not post here.
    John.
    --
    // if ($edituser!=2 or $ismod) {
    if ($edituser==5 or $edituser==6) {
    // echo "<p>You may not edit access for someone who is not a normal registered user!</p>";
    echo "<p>You may not edit access for administrators or super moderators!</p>";
    $stop=1;
    }

Any problems?

seems to be grand now :)

only thing now is that thing bard was asking about where u can see who has access/banned etc.

Advertisement