Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get PS2?

Options
  • 02-01-2002 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm finally going to give in and buy a PS2 after a couple of lost nights playing SSX on my friend's console. Anyone know where I can get one (online or in Dublin) for £250 or less? That's what it will cost from Amazon.co.uk (well, 195 sterling).

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The normal retail price for a ps2 in Ireland these days is ~ €329 (IR£ 259, fact fans), but that's with nothing but a single joypad and the necessary cables to connect it to your telly.

I hear gamesworld have an offer at the moment where they will give you IR£100 worth of store vouchers with any new ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Xtravision before Christmas were throwing away vouchers with practically anything that was bought in their stores. With a PS2 you got £70 worth of vouchers. But guess what, half of them were in Punts and the rest in Euros. The Punts were only valid until 31st Dec 2001. Meaning that you were only getting €35 worth.

Now I know that it's past the 31st and all that, but make sure that if you are buying anything in there, make sure there vouchers etc, are all valid.

PS2s in Eire, all seem to be going for the €329 mark, it doesn't really matter where you buy it. I asked the same question before, and nobody was able to recommend one place above another.

The only thing I would be wary about is that these days console manufactures drop prices out of the blue. Take for example the £100 drop in the price of the PS2 near the end of last year (what the hell was that for?). Also the XBox is out in March, so I would expect a big drop around then (if you can wait). But then again it could be a lot sooner, coz it's just after Christmas, and Sony know that they are not going to sell many around now. People who didn;t buy one at Christmas are more likely to be waiting for the XBox, and I'm sure Sony know that.

Right now there ya go, you let me ramble and I went completely off the topic :rolleyes:

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Uphamizer

Smiths in bray mainstreet have loads of PS2's in stock (250punt).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

well i wouldnt exactly trust anything in bray

Advertisement