Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet support

Options
  • 02-01-2002 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I recently email UTV Internet support, about support for the campaign. I dont know if this will help or if someone else has already done this or what stance you guys have on it, but heres the email i got.
    Ruari

We have contacted Ireland Off Line in an attempt to arrange a meeting to see
    whether UTV Internet can assist in their campaign. As yet we have not
    received either acknowledgement or any response. I will, however, pass your
    email on to my Managing Director.

Are you in contact with any of the leading lights within Ireland off line? If
    so, can you pass my details (kevan@utvinternet.net) as we are very keen to
    talk to them.

Rgds

Kevan Downer
    Operations Manager
    UTV Internet

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They did actually receive a response, however the meeting had to be cancelled at the last minute. I'm sure it will be rescheduled very shortly.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ooh I never thought of an approach like that...get ISP support...well done!! This is why I'm the boards...writing...guy.. and you're the network...talking...guy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Originally posted by Ruu
    We have contacted Ireland Off Line in an attempt to arrange a meeting .. As yet we have not
    received either acknowledgement or any response...
    Kevan Downer
    Operations Manager
    UTV Internet

There seems to be a breakdown in communications.

I spoke to Simon O' Rourke, Internet Marketing Executive for UTV Internet at the end of November and agreed to meet Scott Taunton, their MD in early December.

Unfortunately, due to my having to go abroad at very short notice, that meeting had to be cancelled.

I spoke to Scott Taunton's secretary just before the holidays and emailed Scott himself just yesterday to re-arrange the meeting for later this month. Hope to speak to him by telephone tomorrow or Friday.

Martin Harran
    Chairman, IrelandOffline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

oh cool, good luck with that, i'll continue to look for more support. take care

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Look at this http://www.utvinternet.com/index.asp?p=netservices/dialup/isp.asp?id=118

really puts out a good impression of UTV internet,

considering they don't have 1 bit of say in the local loop and stuff they certainly are giving a great deal.

Don't be mean to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Good news that they're inrested in lending what support they can (or at least having meetings etc)

I was fearful after the seminar that they were just going to take a backseat and reap any possible rewards - though I still regarded them as "good guys" as unlike BT and Eircom they don't own the infrastructure in either country they operate in.

Looks like my unvoiced fears were off the mark (good thing that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Still struggling to get a firm date arranged (Scott Taunton is very busy man as you can imagine) but we'll get there :)

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Just signed up to their Dial Up. If they're willing to 'fight the good fight' I'd rather be connected to them than Eircom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice point, El_MUERkO. They do seem to be fighting the good fight as you say (they certainly have done in NI) and as you imply, voting with your feet (or your wallet) is often the one thing that gets noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As well as them fighting in our corner :) they're not a bad ISP either :) very good techy support and speeds not too bad either, good luck to em :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Im connectiong to their 1890 number now at 48000 bps, I normally get 46667 from eircon so I'm happy :)

:p to eircon

Advertisement