Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any free ISPs in Ireland? (1800)

Options
  • 02-01-2002 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to know if any of the irish isps are doing a free call 1800 number service.. i am currently using indigo on a 1891 number..

tia

madxtctuxedo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:D sorry, I'm doing my best not to break down in tears laughing :) A 1800 no would imply that you pay the ISP say a flat monthly charge to ring the number. This known as FRIACO (Flat Rate Internet Access Call Origin (I think)). This is one of the goals of IrelandOffline, to get FRIACO in Ireland. That 1891 no is a sham. You Pay a monthly charge to use it, yet still get charged for the call. Ridiculous :rolleyes: No other country is as expensive as Ireland to access the internet. I would advise reading past topics on this forum, and visiting www.irelandoffline.org and help support IOFFL once you realise the farce in this country

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 madxtctuxedo

cheers m8.

i guess i am on the cheapest internet axs atm, as i pay NOTHING for my account on indigo.. i just pay eircom for the 1891 number still ;) .. is there any other cheaper way to axs the inet??

tia

madxtctuxedo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by madxtctuxedo
    cheers m8.

i guess i am on the cheapest internet axs atm, as i pay NOTHING for my account on indigo.. i just pay eircom for the 1891 number still ;) .. is there any other cheaper way to axs the inet??

Not yet in Ireland anyway. Ireland is waay behind all others. Plus it's a matter of performance vs price.

EG you could pay 20 euro/month for a 56kbps(speed that you have) FRIACO connection, or 45 euro/month for a512kbps ADSL connection. 56kbps sounds better? no. ADSL connection is nearly 10 times faster. It all depends on what you need.

Anyway, all that said, neither of these is available for sale in Ireland atm. Pls visit www.irelandoffline.com

seamus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

FYI max, The ODTR has made 1893 prefix available since early last year for flat-rate internet access, but still no sign of anyone taking it up. Because, of course, eircom's refusal to offer a flat-rate wholesale product puts the kybosh on the whole idea.

Advertisement