Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minidiscs

• 17-08-2000 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Don't know much about them, just wanna know where's the cheapest place to get them on and off the net, and i wanna know how do u get mp3's from a computer on to a minidisc and ****e like that smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

play your mp3s in winamp and plug your recordable minidisc into the lineout plug i guess is the way to do it.
    no idea where to get them cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

RicherSounds (Near the Ha'penny bridge) and Hi-Fi corner (Beside Virgin) are fairly cheap.

Unless your soundcard has optical-digital out chances are you won't be able to do digital recordings (Which are much handier/better than recording from the line-out). Soooo, go with Kali's suggestion.

Pretty Land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

blank discs: normally 2.49 - 3.49 and then more expensive ones up to 10 but theres no difference only packaging!

that place near virgin apparently about 1.50!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

can you play mp3 files on a minidisc player???

Nope, totally different compression format.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Well you can play them just gotta record the music commin outta the sound card first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Can someone recommend some good players to get and maybe post some links of pics and info about them.

And will the quality be good if it's not digital cause i don't have a sound card with optical digital out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, I dont have a direct answer to your question but here is a contribution and a query all in one: I went to Richer Sounds as advised by Creed, and their prices seemed fairly fair alright.I saw this tiny Sony minidisc and inquired about it. It turns out that if your minidisc isnt able to record on tis own then its more than 100 quid less than one that can record on its own. Now this is the thing, to record onto this sleek little Sony Minidisc ( 150 quid ) you need a minidisc recorder that can hook up to your stereo system/whatever. Now this model cant record straight onto so you use the seperate system which makes the minidisc player nice and small, small than the ones that can record straight onto. And they cost about 300 quid for a decent one. And the only reason I'm considering this offer is because , obviously the minidisc system for recording will cost about 100 quid, but there is an offer, you buy this Sony minidisc system recorder/player and you get the sleek little Sony Minidisc player for 20 quid so you're saving abit of money over the larger minidisc players while also having the luxury of having a full minidisc system at home. I could be wrong in places so let me know if you've knowledge on the subject.

It's about a society in freefall....

That deal is pretty good. The only handy thing about an all-in one portable is being able to record anywhere. Its not a huge benefit, but handy if you travel a lot.

Advertisement