Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the Patriot

• 02-01-2002 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Watched it last nite on Sky Premere,
    thought it was going to be crap, esp with the main actors,
    but i was sooooooo ****in wrong,
    absoloutly brillant film, one of the better ones i've seen in ages(including Lord of the Rings, which i think was just average! then again i hate that child actor, Elijah Wood ...)

Anyhewwwwwwwwwwwwwww,
    if ya haven't seen the Patriot with Mel Gibson and the whole War of Independence </edit thats what i meant>thing, then i highly recomend it, some bits were reminisaent of Braveheart, which is good. Brillant action scenes and good drama too.

and he had an AXE for god's sake!

i'm not pissed at least i don't think i am..1?

even if i was, GEYNESS to you all who prefere lord of the rings. g e y n e s s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Morrison

Its Bull****, and goes among some of the worst Films I've ever seen in my entire life. I really hated that movie,when I saw it in the cinema I left before it was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

First up: what child actor in Lord of the Rings?

Second up: The Patriot is about the War of Independence, not the American Civil War, which took place some 85 years later.

Third up: have you been drinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

the patriot is some of the worst pish i have ever seen. I'm sorry, but I do have to say, that you are indeed, a geebag.

...I usualy wouldint be so harsh, but I have had a few bevies, and I would hate to think that any sane person would actualy go out of there way to see such turd on account of your, ahem, 'review'. or whatever.

ah so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I liked The Patriot. Comes under the heading of entertaining schlock, filled a couple of hours nicely. Gibson plays the same role he's been playing since Braveheart, except this time with wigs; Ledger is remarkably watchable, and the opening battle sequence is actually rather cool.

Not to be treated as a serious history lesson of course, but fun nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Didn't like it personally, thought it was fairly brainless.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Much the same as Shinji. I enjoyed it, it was an enjoyable movie to watch. Just turn off your brain before you sit down to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep just a braindead piece of fluff but its quite entertaining although not as good as Braveheart !

Loved the bit where the American Soldier loses his head :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Shinji
    Gibson plays the same role he's been playing since Braveheart, except this time with wigs

Darn, I was going to steal that on you and use it here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I thought it was woeful (sorry). Along the same lines as Pearl Harbor and Godzilla. "Isn't America wonderful!"-cr@p

And I usually like Mel Gibson :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i didn't think it was a "isn't america great films" at all,
    i mean gibson's character couldn't be arsed about the war at all and was just out to **** the english for killing his son. oh and burning his home down... it is very like braveheart tho, what with war n stuff and him leadin his little melisha(spellin?) but that wasn't a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Yea it was more of a petty stab at the English rather than a patriotic movie.

* Gid - militia ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

different gid i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

that film sucked all sorts of ball like objects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Darn, I was going to steal that on you and use it here!

Brendan's stealing my funnies! (c) Par 1999-2001 All Rights Reserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

if you take it for what it was, a piece of fluff, then it wasnt bad. my read more into it

Advertisement