Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My description [ATTN: Admins]

• 03-01-2002 5:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

My description was previously simply "Moderator".

I liked it that way.

Who made it "IOFFL Webmaster" ???

I hate the word "webmaster". It sounds pretentious and overbearing. Besides that, I'm here on boards.ie for many more reasons than just IrelandOFFLine.

Can I please either set my description myself or be returned to just being a "moderator"? I don't want my description to be "IOFFL Webmaster".

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

PS:

Sorry if I seem overly annoyed- ... I've had a pint of Guinness XC, 2 pints of bulmers and about 5 vodka's and coke (With the full intention of finishing off this vodka bottle)...

It's just that I'm on boards.ie as much more than just the IOFFL web dude and don't want it in my description.

Cheers...

(and PPS: there's definitely something seriously wrong if I'm drinking vodka... but that's another story...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

whats wrong?

dont you feel important enough?

tell you what, you can co-moderate work with me, and then you can have your little moderator badge back. ive got 5 gold stars on my badge. how many do you have?
    now, how nice am i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Look how he insults the very name of Webmaster. Rest easy my loyal subjects, we shall have our vengence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Maybe someone paid for you to have a new title ;-)

John.
    --
    "I didn't do it", Bart Simpson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    ive got 5 gold stars on my badge. how many do you have?
    now, how nice am i?

looks like 4 silver to me!? :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I did it... I'll alter it to something more appropriate.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

there, be glad it wasnt IOFFL Hissyfitmaster :p

DeV.

Looking around the place now, the "morning after"... Daaaaamn I was drunk last night...

er... thanks anyway...

and WWMan... an enormous " :p " for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Turn him into a newt!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You /shall/ go to the ball Bard. *ting*

heh

adam

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahhh stop cryin Bard :p

pfft :rolleyes: ... let it go, eh? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by Bard
    I hate the word "webmaster". It sounds pretentious and overbearing.

What? You used the nick 'MasterWeb' for at least 2 years before joining Boards.ie

rofl, funny. ;)

Originally posted by Lucutus

What? You used the nick 'MasterWeb' for at least 2 years before joining Boards.ie

rofl, funny. ;)

I know, I know... :rolleyes: don't remind me!

Back around 1996 or so, we used to use our job descriptions for nicks on IRC in the net café I worked in and I was their "webmaster". "Webmaster" as a nick was always taken, someone suggested I change it around to "MasterWeb" and that name stuck... for a while. Among our other nicks in the café were "BossMan", "Grunt" and "Bouncer".

I stopped using it as a nick because I thought it was a pretentious and big-headed title and I've been using "Bard" for almost 2 years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Wah, people won't see I'm a 'Moderator' and won't do what I say!

But in fairness, I wouldn't want to have "IOFFL Webmaster" on beside my nick, because, lets face it we all know the page design is crap, and I would hate for people to know I made it.

And we all know it only won a Zeddy becaused they felt sorry for them!(IOFFL) not because of the design!

He probably nicked that too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

But in fairness, I wouldn't want to have "IOFFL Webmaster" on beside my nick, because, lets face it we all know the page design is crap, and I would hate for people to know I made it. And we all know it only won a Zeddy becaused they felt sorry for them!(IOFFL) not because of the design! He probably nicked that too.

ROFL. Not a smiley in sight, what a talented troll. I can see this thread going on for a while.

C'mon Bard, sik him! :)

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    what a talented troll.
    That's Bubbles alright! :)

C'mon Bard, sik him! :)

Grrr... bark bark... wuff ... snarl... eh, nah... couldn't be ar$ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

DeV. any chance of changing mine too.

I know its helpful for ppl who drop in on the IrelandOffline forum but its goin to be a bit confusing if I'm moderating the college board and somebody sees they have just been moderated on a thread moved/closed by....
    80project
    IOFFL Committee

I'm not really that bothered about the Ioffline bit, 'cos I think simply "Moderator" is more appropriate:)- If you see the IoffL bit as important/necessary at least add College Play Mod as well ?? :)

(/me still wants his description changed back to just "moderator", but I'm not too bothered about it)

--

bunch of ungrateful wretches, aren't we, DeV?

:D

• Advertisement

yes!
    closed due to the preponderance of talented Trolls.
    (perhaps we could have Trolls In Their Eyes competitions).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Whoooo I'm a Troll ! :)

That really hurts, no seriously it does :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement