Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

The guy is following the storyline of the game, and some twat goes and tells him the last thing that you have to do in the game.

That's like telling someone the ending of a film... come on, it's not right. If you were going to see The Titanic for the first time, and I told you it was gonna sink and the bloke will die, you'd be pissed off too.

It doesn't stop people playing the game, it just ****ing spoils it. It's not rocket science now is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You're wasting your time Trev, Celt comes under the heading of "new name, same arsehole".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Stick to the topic - and stop moaning

However, I am sorry for writing that. I honestly wasn't thinking.

And by the way, there are.....*thinks* only 68 storyline missions in total. The other 6 are basically single missions and can actually be repeated again and again. (is that spoiling it that much?)

And cheers Celt for the Hidden packages maps. I see you have completed the game too?

Originally posted by Celt

How does knowing what the final mission is detract from playing the rest of the game?

Um because its the final mission and its the climactic point of the game. All the missions (the main ones neway) lead up to this and it was spoilt for me. I dont shell out 50 quid for a game to have the ending told to me. Does that answer ur question?

Btw i dont really care now chucky, im stuck at that bastard of a mission :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Trev
    It doesn't stop people playing the game, it just ****ing spoils it. It's not rocket science now is it.
    Yes it spoils the end of the game, not the rest of it.
    That's like telling someone the ending of a film... come on, it's not right.
    Nope, but i never argued with that, or that chucky shouldnt have done it.
    Shinji, "same name, same arsehole"?

Jabba, did you try using any of the cheats so you can at least progress?
    And cheers Celt for the Hidden packages maps. I see you have completed the game too?
    Yes, but im only 92% finished with a rating of 15k :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I wonder what it is about GTA 3 that causes such muppetry to develop. Maybe some sort of subliminal thing in the radio.

Anyway stay on topic (which in case you've forgotten is a discussion about the GTA 3 game) or there shall be lockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Trev
    If you were going to see The Titanic for the first time, and I told you it was gonna sink and the bloke will die, you'd be pissed off too

The ship sinks?!?!?!?!?!?

I think the game is pretty cool myself, even tho i haven't had the time to put into it :( Worst thing that happened was losing the bulletproof patriot thanks to a god-damn stupid bug/whatever in the game.

Is there any other way of getting it? From what i hear it comes in handy in the last mission.

I was fortunate to still have it on the last mission. I won't say anymore than that other than I don't know of anyway to get it back.

What's this bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Basically i drove up to the garage and when i saw the patriot i backed the car i was driving out onto the road so as not to damage the patriot. when i walked back to the garage it had disappeared. Prolly something to do with draw distance or whatever but i was pee'd off with it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by Q_Ball
    Basically i drove up to the garage and when i saw the patriot i backed the car i was driving out onto the road so as not to damage the patriot. when i walked back to the garage it had disappeared. Prolly something to do with draw distance or whatever but i was pee'd off with it :mad:
    Same thing happened to me!

• Advertisement

Has anyone found all the unique jumps?.....or do ye have a link to somewhere that shows all them?

PS - Vigilante Missions in a tank...... SWEEEEEEEEET! :D

Originally posted by Chucky
    Has anyone found all the unique jumps?.....or do ye have a link to somewhere that shows all them?

PS - Vigilante Missions in a tank...... SWEEEEEEEEET! :D
    I had a link to them, ill have a look tonight and see if i can find it again.
    /me wanders back to GTA3 to get to his 100th taxi mission

[edit]IGN, Gamespot and Gamespot UK have all officially confirmed the PC version of GTA3, however none of them have an official release date yet, or any other information for that matter. But at least it's official now. Thanks to DigitalD and Stephen for the links.[/edit]
    l33t

Does anyone else think motorbikes would have been cool in GTA3?

[edit]http://www.gta3warehouse.com/stunts.html
    I think they have maps on that site as well[/edit]

Does anyone else think motorbikes would have been cool in GTA3?

Definately! I think its a big loss. I cant really see why they didnt include it in the first place. They had motorbikes in GTA1 & 2 (the fast ones were impossible to drive!)

The cars in GTA3 work a dream (aerodynamics etc.). Perhaps including a 2 wheeler would have taken a lot of extra work - work that the programmers weren't willing to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Uphamizer

I have a question, and couldn't of been bother'd reading the hole thread; how the f*ck do you snipe out all the guys on the ship before 8-Ball goe's in and dies, I tried it countless times, I even tryed doing to Rhino 'tank cheat' still no luck.
    Also, any idea if anywheres selling PS2 memory cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

The 8-ball mission isn't too tricky, might take a couple of shots, what you do is goto ... ack, na I couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

get out of the car, go towards the guys staying near the building on your right. Go up the stairs, onto the roof, go to the edge, and shoot the guys in order. Start with the too at the bottom of the gangway, and work your way up and then to the right.. missing none of them. Tricky'ish, but alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, you've got to be fast with the sniper rifle. If you take too long, 8-Ball will just run straight into the cartel gunmen, and he'll get cut down in no time. Remember, he won't move until you take the first shot, so you have all the time in the world to kill the first guard at the bottom of the gangway.
    The second one will duck behind one of the trucks as soon as you shoot the first, but he'll leave his head exposed for an easy shot.

It might take you 3 or 4 attempts but its not that hard really.

True. Its not that hard. Just be persistant. And there just happen to be a lot harder sniper missions on map 3. Much.....much harder. Although these are actually only Rampages, but anyway.

Has anyone done that fecking mission for the jamacan d00ds? Its the one where the SPANKed-up madmen try to blow you up with explosives attached to them. Im completly stuck on it ffs. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Originally posted by Jabba
    Has anyone done that fecking mission for the jamacan d00ds? Its the one where the SPANKed-up madmen try to blow you up with explosives attached to them. Im completly stuck on it ffs. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    1)Grab a Barracks OL, or a Tank.
    2)Start mission, go to car park, leave vehicle pointed in the direction of the exit that faces south(towards the large park in middle of island)
    3)Jump in car, after cut scene ends, jump into vehicle, quickly drive out of entrance, across the street, get out and snipe etc. at the madmen running out, slowly advance and destroy vans 1 by 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by Uphamizer
    I have a question, and couldn't of been bother'd reading the hole thread; how the f*ck do you snipe out all the guys on the ship before 8-Ball goe's in and dies, I tried it countless times, I even tryed doing to Rhino 'tank cheat' still no luck.
    Also, any idea if anywheres selling PS2 memory cards?

the best way to do that is to get 8ball in place, drive down to the caravan-type things near the entrance to the port place, in there you'll find an adrenaline pill, drive back to the staircase (to save time...) get onto the roof and shoot away. 8ball doesn't move until the first shot is fired, the pill thing slows everything down (including 8ball's arrival on the boat), it does slow down the gun (ie it takes longer to reload) but it gives you enough time to finish the mission. It's also easier if you have a rocket launcher, but don't use it when 8ball is on the boat cos you'll kill him too

About the madman with the explosives mission.

As soon as the cut scene finished hop into the car and tear straight out of the enclosed area. This will make it a lot easier to kill the sons of bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm on the mission where you have to destroy 9 coffee stands, 5 in staunton, 2 in portland and 2 in shoreville dale (spelt that wrong - the 3rd island). It's a royal pain in the nads, I've tried this over and over and I always end up running out of time. Whats the best order (island) to do this one in ?

Originally posted by TinCool
    I'm on the mission where you have to destroy 9 coffee stands, 5 in staunton, 2 in portland and 2 in shoreville dale (spelt that wrong - the 3rd island). It's a royal pain in the nads, I've tried this over and over and I always end up running out of time. Whats the best order (island) to do this one in ?
    there always in the same place, so do the mission a few times finding out where exactly they are, then go to 1st island kill, 2nd island, then 3rd

I cleared out Staunton Island first (6 minutes left on the clock is a good time), then went on to Portland and did those, it took me ages to find the damn bridge back for some reason, I always get lost in Chinatown. Anyway, found the bridge and had about 3 minutes left on the clock. I think I managed to get over to Shoreside Vale with about a minute left but that was enough time to complete the mission as the Shoreside Vale one's aren't too far in to the island.

I remember that coffee stand mission. Before you take out the first one, drive around the cities to see exactly where they are (without taking them out). They will then all appear as dots on your map and the mission can be easily completed in about ....*thinks*......2mins!

2 minutes? It takes a good 30 seconds to travel between each island surely.

i think he means it will take a fraction of the time to do the mission. i myself did what he said and i had 1:45~ remaining

Advertisement