Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent DVD Player? VCD / CDR / CDRW?

• 03-01-2002 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I have a black diamond multi region dvd player which I actually won which works grand but I need it to play vcd. It will play vcd silvers but not ones I burn myself. I know for a fact that loads of people have tried this without sucess soooo...

anyone tell me where in .ie I can get a decent multi region dvd with vcd playback / cdr maybe even cdrw?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Are you sure you are burning the VCD's properly and using proper software such as NERO??- ie. making sure the it will run in a DVD player- You cant just simply burn mpegs onto a CD:)

Disregard above if you are aware of the basics- I've never had any probs using NERO for VCD's- so I'd be suprised if its the players problem as opposed to Client Side Burning:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

the player does not support vcd on cdr, I have been burning cdr's for quite a while young man ;-)

I have tried my vcd on some other players and they work fine, they are pricey though (Pioneer etc), I just wanna get one of those cheapo ones that plays everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Most of the really cheap ones nowadays will play "home burned" VCD's- My aunt has an "ALBA" really cheap Argos job, and plays VCD's fine. The price of players has dropped so much i coudn't give you an exact brand, but the likes of Currys and Dixons will have them:)

[I wasn't trying to be pedantic in my Original post BTW- just had to establish the facts:)]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well the best for compatibilities has to be the scan 2000 from www.scan.co.uk , it plays everything, even mp3's in directories.

Advertisement