Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any old Indigo users out there?

• 03-01-2002 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

A word of warning to you.

I used to have a subscription based Indigo account. It used to be paid by DD on my old Credit Card. I stopped using the account years ago and told them so (its so long ago I have no records of that fact now). Well now that Eircom have taken control of all the accounts, they are going thru old Indigo accounts and guess what they billed me.

Now the thing that pisses me off the most is the fact the CC No. they used was changed last year because of a fraud risk, but my CC Co. let the charge through anyway. I have been in touch with my CC Company but it may take them up to 45 days to sort this out.

I then called Eircom.net accounts, so far with no joy, I have been promised call backs by a Manager there, received none, I have been lied too that a refund was authorised and then told that was not the case, I have been told to refer back to my CC Company.

Basically I will get my money back I'm just warning any old Indigo subscribers who used to pay by CC to watch their bills very closely over the next couple of months.

Gandalf.

(I posted this in Technology as I reckon more people would read it here, if you think it should be moved then fire it to the appropriate forum.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Update

It now appears that Eircom have refunded me the amount (nearly 200 Euros). Get checking your statements or online bank accounts.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I posted about this about 4-5 weeks ago. Indigo tried to bill me for an account I hadn't used in 3 years.

What was sad was they were trying to bill me for those years and at first claimed I had been using the account (claimed I had checked my mail not 20 minutes ago).

After some time on the phone he said it was a mistake and I haven't recieved any hassle from them since.

I see Jag is having a similar problem with a mobile phone he got from Eircom. Even though he cancelled it a year and a bit ago (and recieved a cancellation notice) they are trying to bill him and the bills keep increasing. Phone calls to eircom have ended as screaming matches and eircom on the other end refusing to let him speak to a manager and calling him a liar.

I think he's on his 4th or 5th time now trying to remind them it's cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Man shame I missed that post. I'm just waiting for a response confirming the account is closed and that they won't be hassling me any more.

Its funny when I said to them yesterday had they got alot of complaints from other old subscribers over this the rep on the phone went very quiet at first and then rushed a very dodgy sounding "no" :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Another billing mystery.....

i was on snl uptill the second round of cut offs in june, but since then i have recieved a bill each month with an extra 20 quid on it each time.

i know i owed them a few months bill b4 i got cut off, but they cant charge me for a service that i have no access to. the thing is i have rang them about 200000 times and each time i have been told that the account would be credited next billing cycle, but still the money just keeps adding on.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

2 people i know got similar demands from indigo,haven't paid tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I originally signed up about 3 years ago, and paid the first yeas fees in full. I didn't ever pay agin, and they only kicked me off about 2 months ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

same as Zascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i bought my pc 28/12/98 + an indigo sub ( in a box ) to go with it ,
    when it came up for renewal i switched over to there go free service. now after 2 years i get a bill in the door from indigo.
    i rang them and they said that i would get no more bills from them , but i got another one this month!! aaarrrrggghhhh!!
    rang them again and they said send the bill back with a note explaining that i have not been a subscriber for over two years.
    i bet i get a bill in feb 2..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I had the same $hite with that old Indigo sub account so I rang and told them it was actually cancelled over 3 years ago and the dial up part and web space stopped working back then but the email kept working . Yer wan on the phone told me to put a cross thu the bill and write underneath when the account was cancelled and send it back, so I did this just before Christmas and hopefully I won't hear from them again. Either ways they can f*ck right off if they think I'm paying them for an account that hasn't worked for like 3 years. I think their just chancing their arms and also clearing out old accounts because there was big f*ck ups years ago like what happened with IOL where people were using the services for years and not getting billed.

I also had the same problem as flamegrill there with SNL and I'm still tryin to get that sorted too. All these subscription based services are the same, thats why prepaid mobiles were such a hit cause people know exactly where they stand with their money, sub based services all seem to have these rediculous clauses in them where by the user will always get ripped off when they try to stop subscribing. The usual cr@p is that you must send them a letter in writing to stop a subscription and even if they cut u off a service they can still charge you rental for something you have no access to, then from the date the letter gets to them they may still require a months notice so that you end up having to pay even more. Basically they try to make your life hell if you want to cancel a service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Same as all the above. I got two however. One from Indigo and one from Eircom about a month later. Same thing.

When I rang about it they told me :

"it's actually been canceled but it hasn't, what I mean is that it's not been finalised"

Can you beleive it, I sorted the thing out with Indigo the Month before and I had not been finalised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement