Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork: breast in a bun

Options
  • 03-01-2002 10:50pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Was down in the real capital ;) a few weeks back with a couple of colleagues and whilst we doing the town we came across this chicken joint where we had "breast in a bun".
    It was gorgeous and I want another when I am in Cork again.
    But, due to my somewhat drunken state of mind at the time I cannot remember the name of the place or the location.

Can anybody help ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

that place on the corner of whatsit street and thingamibob raod.

right beside the whatchacallit shop.

cork.
    ha!
    more like rat on a stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

YES!

I was in Cork during the summer and had the very same experience, the next day i was walking around the city and found the place, theres actually 2 i found,

The chain (?) is called Hillbilly's i think,

can't wait for them to conquer the world (eh marketing wise that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Hillbilly's Fried Chicken.
    They have a couple of places. One is on Grand Parade, the other is on McCurtain Street.
    Alternatively you could head down to Mailor Street, accross from Smyths and you can buy the nicest chips in Ireland in Kiely's Fish and Chip shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Matt Kiely doesn't do Breast In A Bun, his burgers are crap anyway. His Fish and Chip rocks though and hes very very inexpensive.

Its great that his fish is bought from the market that morning. Nice and fresh.

It probably was HillBillys alright. Quite a good place for a feed. Busy place too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Samson
    Was down in the real capital ;)

A convert, its slowly working !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

every chipper I have been to in Cork calls it a "breast in a bun" now. the Hillbilly's are winning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

de breast in a bun passed my "Scummy OR Yummy" test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Even if it was 2 breasts and a bit more on a bun, I wouldn't be tempted to Cork.

The hillbilly's can keep their Hillbillys.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Oh oh.

Troll alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Hi Mailor Street

It's Maylor for christ's sake! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JukeboxGforce2

It's Maylor for christ's sake! :)

Is this place still open?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Is this place still open?
    While I recognise this thread is dead, and I shouldn't reply. Matt Kiely's has been gone well more than ten years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome to Boards JukeboxGforce2. This is what we call a Zombie thread - one that hasn't been posted in for years and is too old to revive, so I'm going to close it. Please feel free to start a new thread, though you'd be far more likely to get replies in the Cork City forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=478

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement