Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro board

• 04-01-2002 12:22am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

It appears to me that there is no moderator for the Euro board.

Why is this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Probably becuase its a temporary forum. Can't see it lasting any longer than Feburary!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

...maybe it's because bringing in the Euro has taken away our unique PUNT0R - I mean, face it, the size of the Pound Coin in comparison to any of those pathetic Euro coins...

They screwed up with the colour of the Coins, they screwed up with the tiny ikkle Euro notes - The Euro is, overall, screwed up... The board will be screwed up and, in time, the poor chap you assign as a moderator will have to eat, sleep and breath Euro Converters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That is, of course, all YOUR opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Actually I believe he's renting it from the British Conservative Party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I work part time in a shop, and having done two shifts with the euro already find it a piece of piss to work with, don't tell me that people got mixed up between the 5p and 10p coin? same thing really, having a 2 euro coin saves alot of hassle also, the notes are MUCH harder to forge well, and I get to go on holidays and see prices for what they are worth, by next week going back to the punt will be more hassle.

The only person I've seen complaining really was a very drunken man, re spouting all the hear'say about it "it'sh monopoly money, LOOK" chuckles to himself and staggers out

ooh, the punt what nostalgia there, tied to the sterling till relatively recently, and if it weren't for the euro it probably still would be, THAT'S independence (!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by amp
    Actually I believe he's renting it from the British Conservative Party.

LOL :D

Yeah, I work in a petrol station part time to fund my studently existance, and the only people really whinging about the Euro are old dears who are still confused by decimalisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Use the politics forum, or after hours. There are already discussions going on about the Euro in them.

I'm surprised no one asked to be mod of new Euro channel. :) I guess people believe it won't exist.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Im entitled to my opinion, and by god it's not a good one...

I've heard the usual "Ah sure you have to get used to it" malarchy, and it doesn't help when you realise that "You have to get used to" the fact that all the blasted coins look the blasted same - No difference in colour, just the size - I keep looking at the twenty cent coin, thinking it's a ten, or possibly a fifty - You're there, shop assistant waiting for you to dish out change, and you spend a whole ten minutes checking what each coin is worth, and then have to re-count them - And then the assistant has to count them, you start getting leg cramps, standing around and waffle waffle waffle...

Astro is right in saying they're harder to forge, but it seems they've already made a start. Didn't intrest me one bit when your one on Galway Bay FM news (The one with that rather frustrating, irritating wavy voice) announced that a certain ammount of forged notes had already been discovered etc etc.

I feel sorry for the ole folks who've already suffered with currency changes before...

Enough about the Euro - How about the Mod!? Who's brave enough to take the spot, or accept it if it's handed out!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The way I look at it, nothing can be done about the euro. Its not going to change because some people are to retarded to reconise the difference between coins.

John

Advertisement