Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

God bless RTE for this

• 04-01-2002 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

"Seven Ages", the series on the formation of the Irish State from its infancy as Saorstat Eireann to today is being repeated on Net 2 @ 8:00 on Thursdays. The first episode was tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tools

We don't want to hear a load of IRA propaganda do we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

The programme is about Ireland and the State, not "IRA propaganda."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Watched a bit of it last time it was on. Last thing I'd mention in relation to it is "IRA propaganda".

Even as a rabid anti-IRA person, I don't draw too much of a comparison bwtween before 1922 and the campaigns in the 20s, 50s/early 60s and the post 69 murders.

(do I get my car bombed now?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

(do I get my car bombed now?)

LOL!
    It is a good programme, it's not biased towards one side or the other and it doesn't just deal with politics, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I saw the program last year, and I thought it was excellent. And as a passionate 'RA-hater, I didn't think it had an republican bias (from what I can remember).

• Advertisement
Advertisement