Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading woes

• 04-01-2002 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I intend to upgrade my PIII-500 soon, and I have the parts lined up, but does anyone know of any sites that give a comprehensive guide to actually getting them into my case? I am going to be replacing the PSU, motherboard and processor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

great site !!

ta Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Lo UnderScore m8 i was just ondering could u tell me what ure upgrading to and how much it is costing you?, I also have a p3, and am slightly intrested also in upgrading..

thx.

-adren-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Underscore

Sorry for taking so long to reply here, but I've been working on the computer for the last couple of days. I still am. I'm typing this on someone else's computer. I've got everything in but the problem is the power wires. It's a two-year-old Gateway ATX tower case, the new motherboard is an ABIT KT7A V1.3 and the power supply is a Macron MPT-301 300W. The wires from the front of the case (the two LEDs and the power on switch) don't connect properly to the motherboard. The wires for each of those all end in the one socket, and it's the wrong size to connect to the motherboard. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

if it's all one block, you're gonna have to cut it up into the different sections to make it work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Underscore

How do I do that? In the event that that requires more technical expertise than I actually have, who can do that for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd do it for you, but I don't think there would be too much money in it for such a small job :) Use a sharp knife to cut the block up, or remove the appropriate wires from it (along with their push on connectors) and connect them to the pins on the motherboard.

Advertisement