Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AMD chips that are coming out this year

• 26-08-2000 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

"Ruiz: AMD will introduce five new processors between Nov. 15 and Feb. 15. This includes Mustang, which has a range of on-chip cache from 512 Kbytes to 2 Mbytes, depending on customer need. Mustang will be AMD's highest-performance entry into the workstation and server markets.

The Palomino [formerly known as the Corvette] will expand on-chip cache to 256 Kbytes using the Athlon core, and be available in both a desktop and mobile version. A new value-segment processor called Morgan [formerly the Camaro] will have 64-Kbyte on-chip cache and also come in separate desktop and mobile versions.

[Ruiz shrugged off the company's last-minute name changes for some of its processors. “General Motors didn't like some of our previous processor names,” he said, adding that AMD will now “ride horses that aren't trademarked.”]"
    look to http://www.ebns.com/story/OEG20000825S0058 for the rest of the story

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

because im falling asleep hear and im 2 lazy to read the rest of it is it going to stay at 200 whats it called a bus level or somthn a you know what i meen . well maby . anyways where was i o ye it all started back in 92 yep them were they days on tetris .............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

they'd want to get chipsets and motherboards capable of supporting those chips along with smp quickly into the market.
    and still i cant see anyone leaving their 2 or more cpu PIII xeon systems for either of those.

Advertisement