Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Box Office Pricing in Ireland

• 05-01-2002 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

I was shocked to day when i checked the price of a Sky Box Office Movie. It was IR£5.50. Ok i heard on Skydgigonline that they were putting up the price in England from £3.25 to £3.50. But in Ireland the price jumps from IR£4.33 to IR£5.50. I know my maths and that is not adding up. And the price for the movie was NOT in EURO.

You can rent videos cheaper than that. Sky would want to cop themselves on a bit.

I seem most of the movies that come on Sky box office. How come they cant get the movies any quicker. It would be worth it then.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Are you sure that is not €5.50 rather than £5.50 ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Kevin
    And the price for the movie was NOT in EURO.

Just noticed that now, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I thought £4.33 was a little steep, but would have paid it - although it is a little more than videoshops, there is a value on the convenience.

However £5.50 is ridiculous - that more expensive than cinema!

It is strange though that £4.33 translates to €5.50 exactly. Perhaps there was a typo, or Sky CS agents are confused re: the Euro pricing?

BTW Video rentals at XtraVision are now €4.75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Video/DVD rentals at MegaVideo in Holland are €2.50. (Or 3 for €5.00) Me thinks Irish prices are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trazix

I think Sky Should be reported to what ever goverment body is monitoring the €uro change over for price rises. A couple of month ago some milk company got some bad press for raising their price before the €uro introduction. It's clear that a price rise to a figure of £4.33 is very odd, but conversion to a nice round figure of €5.50 makes SKY look very GUILTY of a company ripping it's IRISH subscribers off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

No one is forcing you to pay the price, if you dont like the price then rent the DVD.
    Sky movies are way out of date and i would be very shocked if many ppl use their movies PPV service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by Genghis

BTW Video rentals at XtraVision are now €4.75

Euro 3.80 in Cork!

Advertisement