Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So how long does it take to make a movie?

• 06-01-2002 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or is there a massive number of military pro-american movies coming out?

While waiting for "The Last Castle" to start I walked in and watched the end of "Behind Enemy Lines". It has to be the biggest piece of Proproganda I have ever seen. I mean the speech "Men I'm taking you into combat, anyone who wants to quit now say now" (sic). ffs they are in the military, they don't have a choice.

Also I see Black hawk down is getting flack too.

There are at least another 3-4 war movies coming out.

Btw, Last Castle... good movie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It takes about 3 years to get a Hollywood "blockbuster/bumnumber" from pitch to screen,
    so all these flicks were already well into production on Sept 11
    however it takes little to completely alter the mood or
    ambience of a film in the editing suite, simply hyping up the music and speeding the cutting and using closeups can make footage seems quite different in tone.

In should be said that regardless of Sept 11 these movies would have been gung-ho, after all the days when Amercians would sit though 2/3 hours of "feel bad" are long over...that sort of thing went out with the election of Regan.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Yeah I noticed that as well when I went to see lord of the rings the other day. I dont think it really does take that long if you want a rush job, but I'd say at least a year, for script proposal..., well basically from start to finish. Three and a half months is a little too short. Wouldn't go to see any of them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I thought it usually took bout 8/9 months

Isnt there always an "America is the Best" movie in the cinema somewhere

And this line appears in them all in some shape or another:
    "Men I'm taking you into combat, anyone who wants to quit now say now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

behind enemy lines was released in america about two weeks before sep. 11th iirc... was doing crap in the box office until that happened.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Hobbes
    "Men I'm taking you into combat, anyone who wants to quit now say now" (sic). ffs they are in the military, they don't have a choice.
    I haven't seen the movie so I really shouldn't comment, but the trailer gives the impression that Gene Hackmans character is rescuing yer man without permission, so he's looking for volunteers for an unauthorised mission, so it would make sense in that context that he is asking if they are willing to go into combat for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement