Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO CONVERTER from eircell/vodafone

Options
  • 06-01-2002 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

For FREE currency conversions, simply follow the steps below:

Press the menu button on your phone
    Go to messages
    Go to create/write messages
    Type in EURO/IEP followed by the amount you wish to convert e.g. EURO 1.27
    Press SEND/OK
    Key in 1745
    Press SEND/OK

handy i thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Digifone are doing a converter too.

To convert € to £, you text the amount to 086 803 2002.

I think it's only a one way conversion though.

Oh- and it's not FREE... normal text rates apply.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Apart from the obvious rip off message scams from these companies, that way about it is rediculously slower and more complicated than the built in exchange rate calculator on most Nokia phones! :

Goto calculator -> options -> exchange rate -> foreign unit expressed in domestic units -> enter ' .787564 ' and save that which you only need to setup once, then each time you want to convert something in your calculator all you have to do is enter a figure and press options and go to ' in foreign ' or ' in domestic ' depending on which way round you want to convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Blade
    Apart from the obvious rip off message scams from these companies,

How is it a rip off? For Eircell users its free... for Digifone users its the cost of a standard text message (whassat ... 11c or so?)

that way about it is rediculously slower and more complicated than the built in exchange rate calculator on most Nokia phones!

It's on the Panasonics too... and they have the € symbol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm not sure if SMS is compliant with the € symbol though. Has anyone tried it? Panasonic --> Panasonic obviously :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

omg what a scam !!
    yes id say almost EVERY fone these days has a calculator if not a currency converter - on my sony i added the euro value manually and its very handy now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Philips Az@lis

"Menu" > "Extras" > "Irl -> Euro" > enter amount > "OK" or
    "Menu" > "Extras" > "Euro -> Irl" > enter amount > "OK"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

cheers Blade. didnt even know that facility was in my fone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

How is it a rip off? For Eircell users its free... for Digifone users its the cost of a standard text message (whassat ... 11c or so?)

Any cost is a rip off when your phone can do it for free, quicker and easier! Why don't they just send everyone a txt msg and tell them their phones most likely have a currency converter built in and go RTFM! Or send a txt msg to request instructions for your phone eg. 'EURO 3310' etc.

Advertisement