Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shutdown Problems

• 06-01-2002 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

I recently installed a network card and it all went fine except now when ever i try to shut down my computer it goes to the windows is shutting down screen and just freezes there is no hd activity at all

its running win98 2ndedition

tried re-installing drivers but it didnt work

any help would be appreciated thx
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

i had that problem b4, it's a problem with windows. As far as i can remember it's got to do with mapped drive's. Goto windows update site and download the patch for it. that sorted me out anyways. good luck with it u will need it with micro$oft

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Trying the windows update at the moment damn 56k will try the safe mode boot and other stuff listed after that thanks for the advice will let you know how it goes :)

Advertisement