Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

memory problem

• 29-08-2000 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I've just bought Blade runner (director cut) on dvd and when i try and play it, it come's up with "not eneough video memory."
    photoshop and the like have been crashing alot recently too, so this must be the problem.
    I've got 1.5 gigs of hd space
    128 megs a ram,
    16 meg gfx card
    p3 500
    never had tiz problem b4, and its defo not the dvd cos all the others are showing the same problem when i try to run them.
    any1 know how i can go about freeing video memory space?
    Thx a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

If you don't have a hardware decoder card playing DVD's at high resolutions can give that error. Try redusing the resloution to 640x480 and that should work. If you have a hardware decoder card make sure the software is aware of its presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sounds like the auld TNT might have given up the ghost, get yourself a proper vid card, you can afford it now wink.gif

Also, try defragging your HD, it could be just windoze acting up.

Advertisement